Is the world coming to an END? natural disasters,conflict

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Is the world coming to an END? natural disasters,conflict

Postby lisadrome » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Before I start on this topic I must share that the natural disasters from Australia flash floods to Japan’s earthquake and tsunami hit and conflicts with Libya’s civil unrest are almost frightening and a close reminder to the essential of having a heart and having a deeper allowance for spreading love rather that hatred, continuing giving hope rather that breaking spirits and just being true to ones senses…

But truly is the world coming to an end? What are some of your views

lisadrome
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby AgnesMM » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:27 pm

read so much about Dec 21, 2012. is this an end or beginnng of a new era?

AgnesMM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby LKVM » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:57 pm

There are so many topics on this no one knows for exact wats gonna happen... no one can predict future so we must try to enjoy our present and be nice to all the living beings.

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:55 pm

The world is always coming to an end. The sun will burn out, the expanding universe will lose steam and flicker out. Like they said, there are only 2 things that are certain: death and taxes.

So the question should not be whether we will die or if the world will end. The question is why are we even alive in the first place. Life is a miracle in itself, so everyday is a new miracle for each and everyone of us that is still able to enjoy and treasure the friendship and love we are blessed with in this life.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby sleepy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:27 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:The world is always coming to an end. The sun will burn out, the expanding universe will lose steam and flicker out. Like they said, there are only 2 things that are certain: death and taxes.

So the question should not be whether we will die or if the world will end. The question is why are we even alive in the first place. Life is a miracle in itself, so everyday is a new miracle for each and everyone of us that is still able to enjoy and treasure the friendship and love we are blessed with in this life.

:goodpost:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kaka » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:52 pm

We also dont know if our own life is coming to an end anytime after now ... life is full of uncertainty. So why are we stressing ourselves so much? In case we are still alive .....

kaka
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

... THNKS FOR SHARING THIS...

Postby lisadrome » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:10 am

... THNKS FOR YOUR WONDERFUL VIEWS... I truly relate to living with positivism esp during such situations as our heart needs to strengthen and unite stronger to send our love and help however big and small....

Actually this was a question raised by my niece-- she is K2, and the other day when she was at my home she was just so sad to see the disaster over Japan's tusnami over the news and she asked something like this.. and the first thing that crossed my mind was posting this over the Kiasu forum...

lisadrome
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Sun_2010 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:00 am

insider wrote:whether long or short...make your life a beautiful one...

and...

give that concept to your child too...

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL...

Well said insider...

reminds me of the poem by Ben Johnson

It is not growing like a tree
In bulk, doth make man better be;
Or standing long an oak, three hundred year,
To fall a log, dry, bald and sere:
A lily of a day,
Is fairer far, in May,
Although it fall, and die that night;
It was the plant and flower of light.

In small proportions we just beauties see,
And in short measures life may perfect be.

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ANobleNerd » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:26 am

I think the question should be reframed from "Is the world coming to an end?" to "What is our response to an uncertain world?"

Does it really matter if the world came to an end? Are we able to do anything to stop the world coming to an end?

The answer is a simple no.

However, if we consider our response to the uncertainty in this world, we open up avenues of things that we can do.

For some of us, this allows us to consider beyond the physical realm we inhabit to seek a spiritual response.

For many of us, we look to strengthening our relationship ties, in the face of the world's uncertainty.

My personal question is that if I know that the world will come to an end tomorrow, will I still harp so much on my eldest PSLE preparation? Or will I still harp, but cut him some slack? It is an uncertain world, so perhaps it might be better in the long run for him to remember that in his 12th year of life, there were pockets of fun and excitement amidst long hours of preparation for a 4-day exam that will have impact on his teen years.

ANobleNerd
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby snowman.697 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:16 pm

a piece of advice: live life as if you are going to die the next day. (:

snowman.697
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time