Parenting gone wrong?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Parenting gone wrong?

Postby SAHM_TAN » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:52 pm

I was speechless when I heard the sound clip from

http://soundcloud.com/radio913/the-marr ... -samanthas

A young woman called radio 913 and made comments about uncultured heartlanders visiting cultured Holland V.

Such intolerance. Parenting gone wrong?

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Parenting gone wrong?

Postby cimman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:58 pm

SAHM_TAN wrote:I was speechless when I heard the sound clip from

http://soundcloud.com/radio913/the-marr ... -samanthas

A young woman called radio 913 and made comments about uncultured heartlanders visiting cultured Holland V.

Such intolerance. Parenting gone wrong?

yep, I blame it on the parents. I'm sure her parents holds the same views.

cimman
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby IJJ » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:03 pm

Oh brought back some memories on the "Get out of my elite uncaring face!" saga. Wonder this 'cultured' girl is by any means an offspring of an 'elite' too?

IJJ
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:04 pm

do u think it's staged?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ppnqq » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Heartlanders NOT to go there? Heartlanders not cultured?

Now I am wondering WHO is the one who is not cultured! Who does she think she is?! If she does not like the fact that ppl from other places should not be gg there to 'degrade' her 'status' as a Hollander, she might as well buy the whole piece of land and she can simply build her own walls all around and she can jolly well stay put inside her 'lovely castle'!

Can tell that even the DJs are also quite shocked to hear what she had said. I mean, anyone would, who wouldn't? Dare she say she has never stepped into any other estates before?

:x :roll:

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby INNOVATE » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:43 pm

Do not fret on this kind of remark, its not worth your trouble.

Once in a while, our society receives feedback of this kind, it only goes to show that the writer lacks of emotional skills and humanity. Irrespective of how academically inclined that person is, he/she will end up at most a top level professional reporting to anther guy who is less intelligent but with great wisdom.

Normally, you will observe that many far more intelligent people work for the less intelligent.

No worries.

INNOVATE
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hquek » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:51 pm

INNOVATE wrote:Normally, you will observe that many far more intelligent people work for the less intelligent.

OH SO TRUE :celebrate: :celebrate:

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby SAHM_TAN » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:05 pm

Nebbermind wrote:do u think it's staged?

You mean like a prelude to Gracious Singapore campiagn? If so , it was in poor taste

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:53 am

insider wrote:Emm...maybe also can email the below statement by MP Michael Palmer and ask her to read / ponder and write me what she thinks about the background and upbringing of this man to be able to make such 'powerful' statement...

"Before I joined the grassroots organisation, I never knew there were poor people in developed countries."

I'm constantly being reminded by events around me that there's a need to constantly enrich my kids life with experiences, so that they are not sheltered from life.

For example, this is very simple one. One day my 2 older kids (6yos and 3.5 yos) came home, after an outing with their daddy, very excited and keep telling me they could see stuff from the mrt train. I was very puzzled at first. Then they told me, the mrt came out and they saw tress, buildings and people, but because the people were walking below the mrt train, they seem smaller. Then I realised, we always take the NEL or Circle Line, which are all underground stations. However, that day, my DH needed to go to Sembawang, taking the NS line, there were stations that were above ground, so they were able to have their surprising experience.

It reminded me I must not be complacent and just concentrate on academic and enrichment stuff and forget about life

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby rosemummy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:13 pm

To begin with, she don't sound the least bit cultured. She lives in Holland Village? Maybe 1 of the HDB flats in that area. There're many more HDB flats than private properties within easy walking distance of Holland V. The more expensive private properties are nearby but not as near as the HDB flats. And the only people affected by the traffic and parking problems at Holland V are the heartlanders in the area, not those who live in the private properties nearby.

The price range for almost everything at Holland V, from the food to the shop, is more geared towards the heartlanders. What so cultured about fast food and overrun designers' clothes? Having a few restaurants and pubs frequented by expats doesn't set it apart from the heartland.

rosemummy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time