Population & Talent Control thread

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Population & Talent Control thread

Postby Way2GO » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Image
Mar 24, 2011
Cockpit fraud: fears grow over India's fake pilots

NEW DELHI - INDIA'S fake pilot scandal began unravelling when a female captain landed her packed airliner on the nose instead of the rear wheels as she touched down in the holiday hotspot of Goa.

Parminder Kaur Gulati, flying for the fastest-growing airline in the booming Indian sector, IndiGo, was investigated for the dangerous error in January and was found with falsified qualifications. She has since been fired and arrested.

The case set alarm bells ringing for passengers, anxious about the idea of a semi-trained fraud being responsible for their lives, and for airline bosses, who have been hiring crew at a furious pace in recent years.

Since the discovery of Gulati, at least five other pilots have been arrested working for low-cost flier SpiceJet, national flag carrier Air India and smaller regional airline MDLR.

India's Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), which is responsible for pilot examinations and granting licences, has announced it will look into the credentials of 4,000 commercial airline pilots.

More arrests are expected. -- AFP

Quote:
“It’s as bad as doctors or surgeons who fake their certificates and put people’s lives at risk,” says Baijayant Panda, a member of parliament from the eastern state of Orissa.

“But it’s not limited to aviation in India. In many fields, you have a lot of fakery going on,” the lawmaker, seen as part of a new breed of young Indian politicians, told a debate show on NDTV television last week.
Unquote.

Imagine unknowingly putting your life in d hands of such fakes.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4494
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 pm
Total Likes: 4


Postby markfch » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:29 pm

This is not only dishonest, it is also so irresponsible. :x
User avatar
markfch
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2752
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:07 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby daddybear » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:29 pm


daddybear
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:01 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Way2GO » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:55 pm

daddybear wrote:India is not alone...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/07/world ... china.html


China aviation safety record has improved over the years.

Keep any findings coming
for benefit of fellow forummers.
:celebrate:

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4494
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 pm
Total Likes: 4


its

Postby zilleus » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:03 am

its increasing man no one can stop this

zilleus
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:54 am
Total Likes: 0



Postby verykiasu2010 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:02 am

Way2GO wrote:
daddybear wrote:India is not alone...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/07/world ... china.html


China aviation safety record has improved over the years.

Keep any findings coming
for benefit of fellow forummers.
:celebrate:


for China chinese airlines, trust only Air China because they carry the national leaders.

hard to trust those start up and those China budget airlines

everything in China could be fake, except fake tooth (denture) and fake hair (wig) are genuine products = fake !

所有的东西都有假的,只有假牙和假髮是真的.
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby wapobs » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:48 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:everything in China could be fake, except fake tooth (denture) and fake hair (wig) are genuine products = fake !

所有的东西都有假的,只有假牙和假髮是真的.

Wigs are real hair.
if dentures from dead people?
they are real lor.

wapobs
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 4:37 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby pinky » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:22 pm

I read a ST report recently that there is an increase in the number of fake degrees and credentials being exposed here. The highest no. of cases come from IT sector, followed by services sector.

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby verykiasu2010 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:30 pm

pinky wrote:I read a ST report recently that there is an increase in the number of fake degrees and credentials being exposed here. The highest no. of cases come from IT sector, followed by services sector.


if we move away from being overly obsessed with paper qualifications, and to hire based on proven ability to do a task and track record in work experience, we would be able to get rid of quite a lot of fake qualifications.
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby pinky » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:38 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:
pinky wrote:I read a ST report recently that there is an increase in the number of fake degrees and credentials being exposed here. The highest no. of cases come from IT sector, followed by services sector.


if we move away from being overly obsessed with paper qualifications, and to hire based on proven ability to do a task and track record in work experience, we would be able to get rid of quite a lot of fake qualifications.


well said
so sad the HR people never understand such a simple logic :x

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Recess Time