We are Singaporean

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

We are Singaporean

Postby kwokwc » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:21 am

Saw the advertisement for the new game show - We are Singaporean. I am just wondering is it really true that Singaporean's favourite hobby is complaining?
Now that I want to complain here. But last Friday and Today, I was being overcharged on my usual bus ride by about 50cents each trip. This let me think back that sometimes back when they switched over to deduct by distance. The bus company overcharge but not much people went to claim.
I think for some they might not bother to find out if they are overcharge especially if it is not their usual trip or who will know if they are overcharge if they don't travel by bus often. If not that I am overcharged twice, I will not bother to claim too.
Personally, I think the government has taken us for guaranted. For this 2 days, I realised that most people just tap their card and alight. They might not know how much is the fare too. We have so much trust in our government and systems, of course, when we realised that there is a bit of trouble, we will make some noise, and the result - Singaporean likes to complain. Just like what SM Goh said about Singaporean making so much noise when Orchard Rd flood, while Japanese didn't when tsunami attacked.
Now I have to wait for 10 days to know if my claim will be refunded. Arrghhhh! :x

kwokwc
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kiddo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:54 pm

I believe the size of SG make us look like we are compaining a lot but
I think it just a part of lifestyle that evolved over the years with certain group of people in a country with some exception.

If you live long enough and never been to anyway in the world or
never live anywhere else other then SG then you will be

bery bery SING GA POR REAN.... :celebrate:

Enjoy your special status... no other country have ...
but dont get too ugly in action ....not nice :wink: :wink:

kiddo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby DesertWind » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:35 pm

I thought Singaporean's favourite past-time and hobby is EATING?
:rotflmao:

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kiasu_pig » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:46 pm

Singapoeans like to whine ...

kiasu_pig
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby tamarind » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:50 am

Singaporeans are KIASU, KIASI, and like to complain only when it is safe to do so.

For example, hide behind a nickname and write tons of stuff in the internet to complain. Instead of writing an official letter to the relevant ministry to complain.

Generally, anywhere that requires their name and IC, they don't dare to complain about anything.

tamarind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KAN » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:32 am

tamarind wrote:Singaporeans are KIASU, KIASI, and like to complain only when it is safe to do so.

For example, hide behind a nickname and write tons of stuff in the internet to complain. Instead of writing an official letter to the relevant ministry to complain.

Generally, anywhere that requires their name and IC, they don't dare to complain about anything.

Yes agreed... just like when you call the customer service, ask for the service staff's name first before you carry on with your queries, sure get better service than when you didnt ask!!!! :lol:

KAN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby b2b3m4 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:43 am

I sure agree. My job requires me to handles external customers and the complains i face EVERYDAY is amazing. ANd these customers favourite tatic like how one say is to ask my name. I used to be afraid to let them know my name, thinking that it would give me more unecessary problems. Now i tell my customers, " My name is XXX." Then I'll SPELL IT OUT CLEARLY. I stood by what i say. Customers no longer just want a name, they want your FULL NAME, short of my ic number.

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

We are Singaporean-when there is a need

Postby General99all » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:45 am

Complaints - this is not always bad when many other people been careless or make mistakes to cost u some damages. This happens all the time.
Eg. The salesgirl didn't think of checking for the next delivery(milkpowder) and advised u to come back and check once every 2 days. (Many local people still prefer "Any how ham thum" style of working and didn't care whether it makes sense(at all) or cost someone else damages or inconvenient) We can't control others but we could at our end by checking and posting relevant questions and complaint when something bad has happened. Many bad things once happened, can't reverse or required very painful massive follow-ups. Of course, there are many little things that won't hurt but that makes it promote bad habits of repeating mistakes and prompt to influence more people for such behavior. I believe if the quality of the people have improved... many things shouldn't or couldn't have gone wrong... then for sure complaints will be less. Many people are sensible and reasonable... they don't complaint for the sake of doing it. They do have valid points.

General99all
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby KSP » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:12 pm

I saw the preview talking about P1 Phase 2B registration.

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: We are Singaporean

Postby snowman.697 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:42 pm

kwokwc wrote:Saw the advertisement for the new game show - We are Singaporean. I am just wondering is it really true that Singaporean's favourite hobby is complaining?
Now that I want to complain here. But last Friday and Today, I was being overcharged on my usual bus ride by about 50cents each trip. This let me think back that sometimes back when they switched over to deduct by distance. The bus company overcharge but not much people went to claim.
I think for some they might not bother to find out if they are overcharge especially if it is not their usual trip or who will know if they are overcharge if they don't travel by bus often. If not that I am overcharged twice, I will not bother to claim too.
Personally, I think the government has taken us for guaranted. For this 2 days, I realised that most people just tap their card and alight. They might not know how much is the fare too. We have so much trust in our government and systems, of course, when we realised that there is a bit of trouble, we will make some noise, and the result - Singaporean likes to complain. Just like what SM Goh said about Singaporean making so much noise when Orchard Rd flood, while Japanese didn't when tsunami attacked.
Now I have to wait for 10 days to know if my claim will be refunded. Arrghhhh! :x

They put the ezlink reader there for a reason... if u dont want to see the fare, we might as well take away all the displays. You take ur own initiative to find out n get a refund, not have transitlink do everything for you. Personally i find that complaints about public tpt are unnecessary. They already gave u so many locations to get refund, then you still happy happy complain 'i want more places' 'not user friendly enough' ...? If you thnk wat the gvt do is inappropriate u hv to hv th guts to complain to gvt.

snowman.697
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time