Daily Deal ?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Daily Deal ?

Postby micollh » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:02 pm

Any of you have experience to share with website such as below? http://www.deal.com.sg/

the deal offered really tempting, but my DH said newspaper ever published people being con by such deals?

Any experience to share?

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Daily Deal ?

Postby autumn82 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:25 pm

micollh wrote:Any of you have experience to share with website such as below? http://www.deal.com.sg/

the deal offered really tempting, but my DH said newspaper ever published people being con by such deals?

Any experience to share?

In fact, I just purchased a massage package for my DH on groupon... My 1st attempt, so not sure how is it yet. Let you know tomorrow when the deal time is over. :wink:

http://www.groupon.sg/deals/singapore/- ... /715830089

autumn82
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby micollh » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:28 pm

yes, please. thanks !

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Callie Tan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:17 pm

Yes I receive many such offers every othe day and have bought some... do remember to read the fine prints. Actually it's quite safe lah... my friends bought a few coupons to travel to BKK, HKG and krabi, no problem so far...

Callie Tan
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby jojo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:51 pm

My colleague had tried groupon and the deal was real.

one of my colleauge brought her Prune Essence (Brands) at 50%, she bot 2 sets

Another colleague brought "Subway" per burger cost only $3.25..

Both my colleauges have redeem it with on issue. My hubby, said Super Deal & Groupon etc the bosses are millionaires their job is to help the companies to get ppl to patronise the vendors

jojo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby rosemummy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm not exactly sure how this work but I think there is a contractual issue. The contract the consumer has is with the company selling the coupon, not the merchant. The consumer has no recourse against the merchant if the merchant refuse to honour it.

For holidays, there can be a big problem if you can't book for the dates you want after buying the coupon. The merchant would tend to be more obliging with direct customers. Most of the time, I think it's not difficult to get a more or less equivalent deal using credit card promotions, without the risk. That's definitely the case with dining, except for fast food like Subway. For spa, facial etc, you can almost always get those deals direct.

I think it's ok to buy some low value deal if it's good, but not the more expensive ones. No point taking the risks.

rosemummy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby BigDevil » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:07 am

rosemummy wrote:Most of the time, I think it's not difficult to get a more or less equivalent deal using credit card promotions, without the risk. That's definitely the case with dining, except for fast food like Subway. For spa, facial etc, you can almost always get those deals direct.

I will beg to differ. You can get much better makan deal with these coupons than what credit card can offer (10%? 15%?).

These are actually a mean of marketing. Instead of advertising in newspaper/TV/radio without guaranteed returns, you get guaranteed, paid customers by offering discount coupons.

A one-month old restaurant in Chinatown area offered a hard-to-beat deal on Groupon. You pay $8 to get $30 worth of food, with no limit to the number of coupons you can use per visit.

Between my sister and I, we bought 15 coupons. On one visit, we ate $90 worth of food and paid with...3 coupons, ultimately costing us only $24. I kaypoh a bit, and the boss told me Groupon sold over 3000 of their coupons!!

Another small ramen eatery in Novena sold their $15 coupons at $7.50. I bought 2 coupons and used them on a weekend visit. We loved it so much that we had since returned there 3 others times...paying full price since we don't have any more coupons. So it's a successful marketing campaign since they have managed to make us return as paying customers.

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby e3nity » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:03 am

micollh wrote:Any of you have experience to share with website such as below? http://www.deal.com.sg/

Any experience to share?

My colleagues and i purchase the thai resturants vouchers previously.. its a good deal.. immediately aft u pay, they will email the vouchers to u.. u juz got to print it out and present it on your visit..

The holiday deals are not advisable to grab unless its nett price.. Check the terms and condition b4 you buy or it will most likely burst ur budget.. :D

e3nity
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Callie Tan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Yes the deals are real!! I agree you have to be careful but most deals are too good to resist and relatively easy to redeem. I don't remember credit cards have 90% off spas.... the deals are super attractive!!

Currently my company is working with one of the online deals company to promote some goods and products of my company... I must say the people ask many questions to ensure that the end customers really get the deal they bid for. We also have to place some deposit with them so that in rare cases where full refund to customers are demanded, they can oblige. These are some safety measures to protect the interests of customers....
Last edited by Callie Tan on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Callie Tan
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby LKVM » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:58 pm

I have one query though.. whenever I click to get the deal they ask for Paypal.. if we dont have paypal accounts how do we pay for it?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time