3 yr old tragedy while playing roller coaster in USA

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

3 yr old tragedy while playing roller coaster in USA

Postby vlim » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:52 pm

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singapor ... 768.html...

that's what I am worried off...slip under the safety bar :shock:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: 3 yr old tragedy while playing roller coaster in USA

Postby TREX8 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:22 pm

vlim wrote:http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/3-old-toddler-dies-us-rollercoaster-fall-20110405-001148-768.html...

that's what I am worried off...slip under the safety bar :shock:

Hi vlim, the page cannot be found leh. I thought 3 years old will be too small to take the roller coaster? Usually there is a height limit.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:25 pm

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Strparent » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Yes, vlim,

your first link is missing something somewhere.

Here is another link from USA on this tragedy

It just goes to show, we can never ever take for granted the safety of our young children. But 3 yr olds on a roller coaster like this one ? Some safety guidelines must be screwed up over there. An adult should accompany hm at the least.

Condolences :pray:

Strparent
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby BlurBee » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:11 pm

So :shock: & :( .

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Funz » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Wat is wrong with people? 3 year old on a roller coaster? Even if it is a kid's roller coaster.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby cnimed » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:59 am

DS2 took one when he was 3. The ride was supposed to be a gentle straight forward up and down one with no turns. I think I've not been to an amusement park for so long I am totally out of touch with reality and I really thought it would be a leisurely gentle ride.

The man at outer gate said better not, but the lady at the ride said he met the height requirements and let him through. We were not sure what to expect but decided that DH should sit with him and hold him. Thank goodness DH did because the ride was really too fast and tilted 90 degrees at one stage. I think ds2, who is quite slender, could have slipped through if DH was not holding him throughout and I'm sure I would not have been able to hold him well. I think I aged a year on that ride, petrified for ds2. I'm staying far far away from roller coasters from now on.
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby LKVM » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:43 am

Funz wrote:Wat is wrong with people? 3 year old on a roller coaster? Even if it is a kid's roller coaster.

Yes I agree.. 3 yo is quite small and that without any supervision :roll:

quite :(

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:45 am

deminc wrote:DS2 took one when he was 3. The ride was supposed to be a gentle straight forward up and down one with no turns. I think I've not been to an amusement park for so long I am totally out of touch with reality and I really thought it would be a leisurely gentle ride.

The man at outer gate said better not, but the lady at the ride said he met the height requirements and let him through. We were not sure what to expect but decided that DH should sit with him and hold him. Thank goodness DH did because the ride was really too fast and tilted 90 degrees at one stage. I think ds2, who is quite slender, could have slipped through if DH was not holding him throughout and I'm sure I would not have been able to hold him well. I think I aged a year on that ride, petrified for ds2. I'm staying far far away from roller coasters from now on.

90degree :shock: and still the lady thought the boy could sit alone... thats quite strange... good that ur DH sat with ur kid :pray:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Nowadays,young kids are quite tall, think the existing height limit is outdated. Both my DD and DS was above 90cm before they reached their 3yo bdays. For kiddy rides, the height limit might have been 90cm but other considerations should be considered too.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time