Where to get SG Souvenirs for oversea kids

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Where to get SG Souvenirs for oversea kids

Postby BeContented » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Hi,
Not sure if this is the place to post.

Some overseas kids will be visiting my DD's school next week. DD has been assigned to be a buddy and has to get a gift between $5 - $10. The gift needs to have some representation of SG ....

Any suggestion what and where can I get all these stuff? Already have some committments over this weekend, dun think can run down town to get them. Any idea if Jurong Point / IMM / West Coast Plaza etc selling such stuff? :pray:

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:03 pm

i find it very troublesome to get these things for foreigners because most of the time, these things (or similar) could be found in their countries as well (some even cheaper).

dont know of any place in the west that sells them but if you could just squeeze in a bit of time from your packed schedule .............

bugis village has lots of singapore thing - like t-shirts with prints "singapore is a fine country" etc., merlion spoons etc.

i find those bags, hats with the nonya print (sia pattern) very attractive and you could find them at bugis village (the one opposite bugis junction) at around your budget.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Agree that Bugis village is great.

My colleagues from China got all their souvenirs from there and the prices are reasonable too.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby BeContented » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Alamak, I stay end of West......run all the way to Bugis to get a souvenir....

Besides, weekends packed with tuitions + have full month party to attend, a bit tight leh.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Little M » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:28 pm

If you don't want to go "all the way from the west to central" to buy a souvenir. Then why don't you make one. It is the thought that counts :D

Little M
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Way2GO » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:32 pm

cwc, try Chinatown.
But please check where it is made to ensure it's not made from ur visitors country of origin. :wink:

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Vevey » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:45 pm

Mayb take a look at Mini-toons etc gift shops or even Value $ Shop for some inspiration? Or get some food stuff like kaya or pork floss? U dd can decorate the jar to personalise it. :wink:

Vevey
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby hquek » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:47 pm

Mustafa sure to have such souvenirs, but may be a bit challenging since you are in the west.

Not sure what type of souvenirs you need to get but for us, we typically get bengawan solo biscuits, ya kun kaya, bak kut teh spices/chicken rice mix when we visit our foreign friends.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby BeContented » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:04 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions.......

errrhhh...... for 10 year old kid????

Maybe should feedback to the teacher....must really have something that represent SG meh???

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Little M wrote:If you don't want to go "all the way from the west to central" to buy a souvenir. Then why don't you make one. It is the thought that counts :D

Perhaps......now what can I do for a 10yo kid.....dun even know boy or girl yet.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time