Auntie Naggy

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Auntie Naggy

Postby ppnqq » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:04 am

I used to be a quiet person and considered myself as one with great endurance but now I find myself nagging most of the time! I find myself very annoying but I cannot help it. I even hated myself for being such an old hag at times. Is it because age is catching up? I used to be able to tolerate almost anything but now I seem to lose patience very easily, especially towards my family. I used to be able to tolerate my part-time cleaner for a year but now I think I will explode anytime.

Anyone here also the same as me? I thought I am like having menopause. :lol:

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ppnqq » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:27 am

Come on, admit it, I know there must be some who are like me too. :sweat: :politebleah:

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Sun_2010 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:39 am

Haha when i saw this i thought , "Whut, who is talking about me???" :shock:

I think it is a matter of adjusting expectation especially of ourselves. Easier said than done though.

You may enjoy this blog i wrote to step back and take a humourous look at what I had turned into. And that helped me change quite a bit. And in parts accept myself too.
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/conte ... se-nagging

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:49 am

it wasnt that bad when i had a maid. i just nagged at dd (usually just school work).

but now without a maid and i have to do everything, nagging level has shot up. it is very hard to break the habit but am working very very hard on it.

i am a quiet person too (more of a listener to my friends and family) but the amount of words (from nagging) over this 1-2 years may have exceeded the no. of words i have spoken since birth :lol: :lol:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:10 am

My mom dun nag, I dun really nag and disliked (almost hating it) being nagged.

BUT....like LOLMum, when I dun have a maid, I nag a lot more. And I kinda dislike myself.....and looking at my MIL (who is a supper nagger), I'm extremely fearful cos' it's downright irritating, I dun want to be like that :wink:

PS : Sun_2010.....your article on the NAG is funny. I like it :love:

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Mrs Ang » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:34 pm

My mum nag and I inherited her skill :oops:. I just shouldn't control when my DH make the same mistakes for more than 3 times. According to my DH, I nagged more than his mum :P

Mrs Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Oh boy, my mum sure can nag. She can move from one thing to another to another and I will tune out and suddenly, I realised she is nagging about something that happened eons ago and is totally unrelated to the original trigger.

Me, I am not a nagger. I don't have the patience to nag and I always believe that action speaks louder then words. So if the kids don't clean up after themselves, 1 warning, 2 warning, the next thing they know, all their toys are being swept into a trash bag. I can get a bit high handed at times but really I hate nagging.

My elder sis has inherited the nagging skills from my mum. I realised that when out with her and my niece one day and she went on and on and on about this and that until I asked her if she thinks her DD was even listening to her at all. Her DD just chuckled and confirmed that she tuned out long ago.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Laughing » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:50 pm

If we always nag at our children, our kids will not tell us anything as they afraid we will nag non stop if we don't like it. That is what happen to my DS, he will tell more things happen in the school to daddy than mummy as daddy don't nag and is a 'good listener'... :lol:

Laughing
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re:

Postby SAHM_TAN » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:56 pm

insider wrote:8 years old son came back home last evening with a toy pencil and happily told me his teachers gave that to him as a present for his consecutive 5 times 100/100 spellings.

I played with his toy pencil and told him he is a lucky boy who has a good teacher who recognises students' efforts. (to be teachers really not easy nowadays. Many 'presents' like this to 'motivate' them to get their full marks.)

Then we have dinner and chit chatted as usual (only two of us at dinner table last night).

I told him I am very appreciative of him for knowing how to do his own learning without reminders. He smiled and said, "No work, no play."

Then I went on to talk about some children who will nag/complain when having to do work and will procrastinate.

He thought and said, "Why they waste time to complain? After nagging/complaining they still need to do. By the time they finish nagging/complaining I would have already finished my work and started playing!"

This son...is really mine...

:rahrah: :salute: to your parenting skills

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Auntie Naggy

Postby SAHM_TAN » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:12 pm

I'm too tired to nag, not enough sleep with 9mo bb

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next