Father using vulgarities on young daughter

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Father using vulgarities on young daughter

Postby sall » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:59 pm

I had a shock last night on the bus when I heard an Indian father spewing hokkien vulgarities at his young daughter, about 3 yr old. He would say something in Tamil, and followed by those hokkien vulgarities.
This is totally unacceptable, everybody was disgusted to hear all these. :shock:

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:14 pm

There are a lot of irresponsible parents.

I have seen parents feeding toddler coffee, smoking next to or while carrying a baby, and scolding vuglarities.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby swimironkids » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:38 pm

o dear..kids pick up very quickly....
my friend was telling me the other day tat he 4letter word in his car whn a car suddenly cut into his way with his son inside.
the best part was he was call to school by the teacher tat his son used the 4letter word & he told his teacher he pickup from his dad..P1 only
So parent pls be aware :)

swimironkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sall » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:46 pm

This is the reason why there are so many problem kids around, their parents are full of problems themselves.
When dd was in P2, there was a girl in her class who was very proficient in hokkien vulgarities. The parents must be using them on a regular basis and of cos, kids picked up such @#$%* so easily. :roll:

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:12 pm

tankee wrote:There are a lot of irresponsible parents.

I have seen parents feeding toddler coffee, smoking next to or while carrying a baby

:!: for the first observation - this is terrible!!

As for the 2nd observation, I too witnessed a mummy lighting up in front of her infant (a few months old) and daughter (prob 6 or 7 years old). The odd thing was that the daddy was just standing next to the pram idly ......

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby sall » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:35 pm

autumnbronze wrote:
tankee wrote:
As for the 2nd observation, I too witnessed a mummy lighting up in front of her infant (a few months old) and daughter (prob 6 or 7 years old). The odd thing was that the daddy was just standing next to the pram idly ......

I ever saw a mummy and a daddy sharing a cigarette in front of their little boy. I think ,very soon, the boy will join in and the 3 can puff together.

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby daddy2007 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:03 pm

sall wrote:I ever saw a mummy and a daddy sharing a cigarette in front of their little boy. I think ,very soon, the boy will join in and the 3 can puff together.

I once saw a little girl folded a bus ticket into a cigarette shape and pretend to be smoking. Her young parents are beside her. So not surprise she learnt this from how her parents smoke

daddy2007
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Father using vulgarities on young daughter

Postby Y.hong » Thu May 05, 2011 9:52 pm

Yeah... every of your actions counts while you are with them. especially when they are 2yrs old onwards. They picked up your little actions very quickly. My son once learned a hokkien vug from my father in law, and it takes time to educate him from saying that. Picking up is fast but educating them to stop takes time. So parenting is always about setting an example infront of your child.

Y.hong
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby bebebub » Fri May 06, 2011 12:41 pm

A short and powerful commercial about children mimicking the actions of their parents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m25VjD0Uz9c&feature=related

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby swimironkids » Wed May 11, 2011 8:07 am

jessicawongcs wrote:my boy picks up vulgarities in school. feedback to teachers and found that one of the student's parents always used on him. both innocent boys donest even know what all these means

once i saw a mommy light up a cig infront of her 3 yr old girl, then her hp rang, she asked her girl to hold her cig while she finds her hp. i was shocked...

I was checking in the swimming pool yesterday only to see 3 young woman wth 2 little kids in wet swimsuit asking the counter to open the gate for thm to go out & I heard the counter staff told them 10mins..i didnt knw wats it was abt till I saw pack of cig in their hands & one of them is pregnant
Wats worng with our society? dunthis young woman knw its a bad model + 2nd hand smoke :(

swimironkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time