What constitutes Cyber Bullying/ Stalking and am I a victim?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Very sad and hurt

Postby Kabby » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:55 pm

By the way, my heart is very heavy after I checked my inbox. I have 2 PMs and they are from the same group or maybe even the same person who PM me some time ago last year.

Remember I mentioned to you all?

Again, I am being accused of pretending to be a parent to post here. Again, in Chinese, the writer says all kinds of hurtful things attacking me and my character and insisting I am a teacher of the school who is not fit to be a teacher and is a total failure etc etc.

When it started last year after I joined this networking group, I did report to Chief and he settled it for me. He asked me to ignore these people. But each time, they signed in as different usernames... maybe it is the same person, or a group of different people... They PMed me repeatedly.

Not just this, they also posted in the other forum thread, and at other websites. Although they didn't state my name, but they did those postings and then come and PM me all those nasty things... I just feel very upset.

Is it wrong to be vocal and truthful? Is it wrong to give compliments and praise where praise is due?

All of you also sing praises of CPS, why is it I am being attacked so mercilessly?

What can I do, what should I do in order to convince others that I am truly a parent????!??? I don't want to post pics of my son. I want some privacy too, after all this is a public forum, right?

I know I should just ignore all the insults, but then, I've grown so big and have yet to have such abuse hurled at me before you know... All through life, I have been a nice and kind person and most people who are in contact with me are only nice and kind back. I have never been treated this way before, so I am really very very sad.

I've even cried about this to my hubby.

It's just a terrible feeling to be wronged... I am not sure if you all understand. Sorry for such a ranty post. I just felt I had to pour it out here somehow, cos I almost can't bear it anymore... :cry: :cry:

Kabby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Sorry kabby to read your plight.. i know it can be very tough but all i can say is ignore(if you can) its spoiling ur day so no need to read also just delete :wink:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Champion » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Sorry...I was "in & out" of this forum today and just seen this thread :imsorry:

Agrees with what LKVM has to say....人各有制...so to each his own :wink:

We are here to share info - we might not known each other by real name or never seen each other before (Maybe bump trolleys at NTUC :wink:) - whatever it is, please treat the forum with respect.

I have "known" other parents from other threads and in fact learn a lot from them! :celebrate:. They are selfless in sharing their experiences, their knowledges and advices.

This, I believe should be the right attitude and spirit whenever we log onto Kiasu Parents Forum :D

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Kabby » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:48 pm

thanks buddies...

yep, a day after the PM, i feel much better. actually after writing the post i felt better already. perhaps it's just about the pent up emotions, like so wronged and so misunderstood.

i thought about it today with a clearer mind. i guess because i am quite long winded, and i write a lot, i like to share a lot of info...

and when i receive letters or stuff from the school, i will come in here and share, so perhaps it seems like i am too "into" the school and having too much info for a parent.

but like you guys know, what i say is all contained in the school handouts.

the PM person said how come I know so much abt SEED and PAL and so on. well, it was in the Orientation handout. I copied out from there cos someone asked abt it. To help more parents...

We share about events in school that our kids go through cos other parents, like those in lower levels can know what to expect in future...

So I don't see what is so wrong in that.. if i have any insider info, it is cos I was a teacher (although at a JC) but I went to NIE also. All govt sch teachers are trained there. I have so many classmates and schoolmates. All of them are posted to diff schools, can be pri, sec or JC. Of course we exchange notes and stories...

So of course I know a lot about the edn system and how the diff schools work... In fact, I do have quite a no. of friends in the Jurong West schools like Rulang, Xingnan, Jurong West, Lakeside etc.

In fact, they are all in high positions now. Leadership positions. Cos I left to be SAHM, they all moved ahead... :) I don't mind of course, I am happy for them, happy for myself. I wanted to be with my kids.

When dd is off to school in future, i will most prob return to teach at my prev school. :) At that time, I will be able to contribute more at the JC forums... Maybe at that time, people can rightly say I am a teacher of that school blah blah blah... haha

But hey, teachers can also be parents, so I don't understand why these people who PM me keep insisting I am not a parent. In what way I don't sound like a parent.... sigh.

Well, about meeting face to face, actually I really like to. Then at least my buddies online know who I really am, and can vouch for me. Ya, we probably have bumped into each other at JP countless times.

At least, I have met Expatmom. Maybe if she sees this she can come out and verify my "parent" identity. Haha, she has met all 3 of my kids lor....

Thanks again, I feel happy again, and yes I will take your advice and ignore them. :love:

Kabby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:53 pm

kabby even if you are teacher wats wrong in praising ur school mah :wink:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Kabby » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:02 am

LKVM wrote:kabby even if you are teacher wats wrong in praising ur school mah :wink:

thanks... yeah... indeed

but the person(s) say I am pretending to be a parent (ie I actually don't have kids in the school) and is actually a teacher in CPS who is trying to promote the school in a false manner.

used a lot of chinese words to say I am a hypocrite, liar, cheat etc etc. Anyway I seldom use all those Chinese terms, so I must say I learnt a lot of Chinese scolding terms from the person(s).

today PMed again saying I "做贼心虚!
真相一定能大白, 一定能水落石出!
一定要找出你真正的身份!!!"

I am not scared to let the person(s) find out my true identity as long as he/she is not a stalker or dangerous person. I am just concerned about my kids' safety.

I stand by all the things I said, everything is the truth, so I need not be scared.

Earlier, the PM poster last year did say that if he/she were to expose me then I would lose my job. I am not scared also since I don't have a job with CPS anyway. My hubby is my boss... he won't ever fire me. :D

Kabby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:00 pm

lol... just laugh at her scolding from now onwards :P

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Kabby » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:30 pm

LKVM wrote:lol... just laugh at her scolding from now onwards :P

:snuggles: :)

Kabby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:40 pm

kabalevsky wrote:
LKVM wrote:lol... just laugh at her scolding from now onwards :P

:snuggles: :)

:celebrate: :celebrate:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Champion » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Champion wrote:Agrees with what LKVM has to say....人各有制...so to each his own :wink:

Re-read what I have written - Alamah, my Chinese std also no good lah.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: should be 人各有志 (not 制) :wink:

Anyway, as I mentioned before - we are here to learn and share info right? Heee....trying to find excuse for myself :P

Btw, :offtopic: a bit - do your need to ballot for the coming GE 2011? Which constituency do your belong to? For me, I am under "West Coast GRC" and previous was walkover but this time, guess there will be opposition party. Am excited about the coming GE2011, because I have NEVER vote before :!: :!: My hubby said I "Suah Kooo"! :x

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time