Toll over Revenge

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve

Toll over Revenge

Postby lisadrome » Wed May 04, 2011 5:43 pm

In light of our breaking CNN news espousing the jubilation over Osama bin Laden's death, I was left pondering the impact revenge exacts on the human heart, and indeed the psyche of people all around the world. While I recognize that this is indeed a very touchy topic, after watching several videos of citizens singing and dancing after hearing the news of bin Laden's death, I can't help but think, "what's next?"

In the coming weeks, months and years, I wonder the toll that this excessive form of revenge will have on the world? Was this really the only course of action that the world could take in response to terrorist crimes? Do the tenets we uphold as a society an eye for an eye?

I cannot help but think of Ghandi stating "be the change you wish to see in the world".

How might leaders practicing a responsive concept view terrorism (and action against terrorism) differently? What kind of outcomes might have been possible?

Re: Toll over Revenge

Postby Guest » Wed May 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Osama bin Laden is a dangerous person. People may be rejoicing out of relief instead of revenge?

But his death indeed open up another can of worms. There is no end to terrorism as they fear death not.

Re: Toll over Revenge

Postby AceTutors123 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:14 pm

There was an article about this. Saying he wanted to cripple US economically through terrorism. ... _blog.html

Dont know how true is this.

Return to Recess Time