Order from Amazon

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Order from Amazon

Postby mummy2008 » Sat May 07, 2011 9:01 am

Dear All,

I want to order dvd from amazon, anyone can advise how to order? Do i really need vpost address?

Please advise....thanks

mummy2008
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Order from Amazon

Postby WeiHan » Sat May 07, 2011 12:00 pm

mummy2008 wrote:Dear All,

I want to order dvd from amazon, anyone can advise how to order? Do i really need vpost address?

Please advise....thanks

What is "vpost address"? I bought from amazon before. Just check out with redit card and of course you need to key in delivery address.

WeiHan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Sat May 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Amazon can mail direct to you. Or if you think it's cheaper, have them send to vpost etc then have vpost send to you. That may work out cheaper if they have free domestic delivery on some items.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Passerby » Sat May 07, 2011 2:56 pm

Using a Vpost address is having your online purchases from either USA, Europe & Japan sent to a local Vpost address in those regions, which then on sends it to your S'pore address. In some cases, the postage charges can work out cheaper if sent via Vpost vs charges if sent direct to S'pore by the online seller, or in instances where the online seller has free local delivery or does not ship direct to S'pore, going via Vpost is also an option.

Charges at Vpost are calculated based on volumetric weight or actual weight, whichever is higher - https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpost/welcome? ... av_rt.html

I believe on Amazon the cost of direct shipment to S'pore from USA of a DVD is app USD12:40. If sent via Vpost I think it would work out to app S$18.20 (assuming DVD is less than 500g). So in this instance, I don't think using Vpost would be more cost effective. This is just a back-of-envelope calculation, u may wish to do your own calculations, based on actual weight of your purchases.

Passerby
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby dolphinsiah » Sat May 07, 2011 7:52 pm

mummy2008 wrote:Dear All,

Please advise....thanks

Vpost have credit card promotion...first timer using Credit Card to pay...
They wavie the postage charges...do check the terms and condition at the Vpost website...

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummy2008 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:28 am

Passerby wrote:Using a Vpost address is having your online purchases from either USA, Europe & Japan sent to a local Vpost address in those regions, which then on sends it to your S'pore address. In some cases, the postage charges can work out cheaper if sent via Vpost vs charges if sent direct to S'pore by the online seller, or in instances where the online seller has free local delivery or does not ship direct to S'pore, going via Vpost is also an option.

Charges at Vpost are calculated based on volumetric weight or actual weight, whichever is higher - https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpost/welcome? ... av_rt.html

I believe on Amazon the cost of direct shipment to S'pore from USA of a DVD is app USD12:40. If sent via Vpost I think it would work out to app S$18.20 (assuming DVD is less than 500g). So in this instance, I don't think
using Vpost would be more cost effective. This is just a back-of-envelope
calculation, u may wish to do your own calculations, based on actual weight
of your purchases.

Thanks for your info! That's great! I thought I need to register through vpost first. If direct mail is cheaper for my case, then I will go for it :)

mummy2008
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Recess Time