Where can buy confucius photo?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Where can buy confucius photo?

Postby Addoil » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:56 am

Hi all,

Anyone know where can buy confucius photo? My friends is looking for the photo, she has no idea where can get it. Can anyone help.... :?:

If possible can you let me know the building name or the shop name. Thank you in advance... :D

Addoil
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ZacK » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:36 pm

Hmmm your request is kinda vague, cos are you looking for wallet sized? post card sized? Poster sized? Banner sized pix? :?

Not sure if it's of any help though... Perhaps can google for it : See HERE, copy the jpg pix then go and develope into a photo?

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Addoil » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:24 am

Hi Zack

Actually I know this request is kinda vague, just hope that maybe someone else can help.... and finally got your response. Thank you very much... :love:

ya hor, I forgot to indicate sized, :oops: Actually my friends is looking for the poster sized so that can hang on the wall. She prefer those original poster/painting.

Anyway, thank you so much for the link, I will show her this, atleast can print out and show the seller. By the way, I think Outram park there should have, what do you think? any place can advise?

Addoil
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sashimi » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:24 pm

My first thought was you could try Chinatown?

I made a search on the internet. didn't really find any portrait/paintings, but here's a lead:

China - Chinese Figurine - Confucius - 6.5"
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... &indexURL=

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ZacK » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:16 pm

Addoil wrote:Hi Zack

Actually I know this request is kinda vague, just hope that maybe someone else can help.... and finally got your response. Thank you very much... :love:

ya hor, I forgot to indicate sized, :oops: Actually my friends is looking for the poster sized so that can hang on the wall. She prefer those original poster/painting.

Anyway, thank you so much for the link, I will show her this, atleast can print out and show the seller. By the way, I think Outram park there should have, what do you think? any place can advise?

Hi Addoil,

You are welcome :D ... Hmmm I guess there will be some shops (chinese oil paintings and water-color paintings) that sell it but just wondering if they will have it as not sure abt the demand for a poster sized Confucious picture.

I guess can scout ard the People's Park Complex area or Fu Lu Shou near Bugis, these are the two places that come to mind.

Depending on your friend's budget, I guess can also explore the option of choosing a pix online and having a poster size colored picture printed at print-shops eg I know the top floor of Queensway Shopping Ctr should be able to print poster sized pictures/banners etc... Then then having the printed pix framed for hanging on walls :wink:

Just my thots on what I would do if I were looking for the same.

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Addoil » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:43 am

Hi sashimi & zack

really thanks for the link & advise.

yap, we will be going to Chinatown & Bugis to scout around this coming Saturday, will update you.. :D have a nice day.

Addoil
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Addoil » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi hi...

We scouted around Fu Lu Shou & Chinatown, the salesmen told us is rarely to find, so the only way is print out from Internet.

Zack

Can you pls let me know the shop name at Queensway shopping centre that you are mention above? Can we search the picture there or we need to save the picture to them? Thks.

Addoil
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ZacK » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:12 pm

Addoil wrote:Hi hi...

We scouted around Fu Lu Shou & Chinatown, the salesmen told us is rarely to find, so the only way is print out from Internet.

Zack

Can you pls let me know the shop name at Queensway shopping centre that you are mention above? Can we search the picture there or we need to save the picture to them? Thks.

Hiya Addoil,

I believe the name is Alpha ... , in any case you cant miss it, in fact lots of uni and poly students go there to have their project work binded, take the escalator to the top floor you will see their sales counter so you can make your enquiry there... I'm just wondering if your friend would be able to find a high resolution pix of confucius online tho, to print a poster sized pix would probably require a few Megabyte sized pix... Anyway since you cant find any ready made ones, this one is worth enquiring about.

Alternatively, identify a pix she likes and see if she can get a friend who travels to places like Ho Chi Minh etc and have them commission a painting according to the designated pix, during my trip there last year noticed quite a art related shops and artists that can paint very well...

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Addoil » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:51 am

Hi Zack

Noted. You are right, the quality from the printout sure will be not so good. Anyway, leave her decide. Will inform her that the alternatively way.. hopefully surrounding her friends will got someone are planning to visit Ho Chin Minh. :love: Thks for your concern in this matter. Have a nice day. Jia you.

Addoil
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Recess Time