This is both so angry and so sad to read......

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

This is both so angry and so sad to read......

Postby Guest » Tue May 17, 2011 11:12 pm

BCG injection did this to my baby, says dad

FIVE months ago, they were a happy family with a healthy baby who had smooth skin and a charming smile.

Now the family is in shock.

Their baby is skin and bones and his life is hanging by a thread after a vaccine injection, they claim.

Apple Daily reported that on Oct 26, little Ruirui received a Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) injection at a hospital in Zhejiang province, China.

A month after the vaccination - which was supposed to have protected the child against tuberculosis - the seven-month-old started losing his hair, and his lymph nodes started to swell.
Little Ruirui was a healthy baby who had smooth skin and a charming smile.

Now, Ruirui has wrinkled and tattered skin, and is painfully thin.

His father, Mr Zhang Bin, told Apple Daily in a telephone interview that his son had not had any skin problems before the injection.

Pre-natal tests and blood tests conducted after the boy's birth did not indicate any abnormalities.

"But after the injection, he's become like this," said Mr Zhang. "The hospitals and the health department are indifferent to our plight."

The Zhangs have taken their baby for treatment at hospitals in Hangzhou and Shanghai, but they can no longer afford the high medical expenses, which came up to RMB3,000 (S$575) aday.

Read the whole article here: http://health.asiaone.com/Health/News/S ... 79159.html

Re: This is both so angry and so sad to read......

Postby verykiasu2010 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:53 pm

sorry to say this but i never trust the following from China :

medicine, vaccine, doctors, and food
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Happy Mama » Wed May 18, 2011 12:06 am

I guess we don't have much choice when it comes food, especially if we are on work trips in China. Still got to eat mah. :wink:

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:15 am

Happy Mama wrote:I guess we don't have much choice when it comes food, especially if we are on work trips in China. Still got to eat mah. :wink:

as much as possible avoid questionable restaurant, road side stores, and if in doubt, stick to well known eatery - only reduce risk, can't be absolutely risk free

last time when on long road journey, my driver will go inspect the kitchen of the restaurant and watch them cook if we have to eat along the way. really kiasu and kiasi
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Wed May 18, 2011 12:22 am

verykiasu2010 wrote:sorry to say this but i never trust the following from China :

Gosh...like that how to live in China for work posting? :faint:

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:47 am

ksi wrote:
verykiasu2010 wrote:sorry to say this but i never trust the following from China :

Gosh...like that how to live in China for work posting? :faint:

in the early 90s, we brought our own butter, coffee, etc from overseas

in the early 2000s, we still brought our own soya sauce, pagoda brand salt, SIS sugar, imported milk powder (which they still buy from HK on day trip these days).....buy your supplies from the 'foreigner' supermarket

and all these years, always carry own medicine from singapore, including syringe for injection - brought from singapore, and of course personal thermometer
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Wed May 18, 2011 7:57 am

did you read the news in the papers today about the extreme amount of chemicals used to grow watermelons in china. it caused the watermelons to burst thus dashing the hopes of farmers hoping to make a quick bucks.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:36 am

LOLMum wrote:did you read the news in the papers today about the extreme amount of chemicals used to grow watermelons in china. it caused the watermelons to burst thus dashing the hopes of farmers hoping to make a quick bucks.

it is a well know fact. not only watermelon : also peaches, longan, lychee, mandarins, oranges, apples, you name it

one of the reason i don't buy fruits produced from china soil
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:40 am

during the peak of the bird flu a few years back, you can find young spring chicken for sale in the market

people may think that at least they have not used growth hormone to grow it till fat and big ....... but those were actually sick birds about to die, quickly slaughtered to avoid selling dead birds.......lol

meat from dead pig to make luncheon meat
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Wed May 18, 2011 9:09 am

shocking! Never buying made in china fruits again.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time