Good paintings at Vietnam

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Good paintings at Vietnam

Postby sheryl » Fri May 20, 2011 11:28 am

Hi, I have a friend who will be going to Vietnam. Thought of asking her to get some paintings from Vietnam. Anyone knows where I can get good & reasonable priced paintings? Dun need work by famous artists.

sheryl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Good paintings at Vietnam

Postby Jennifer » Mon May 23, 2011 6:17 pm

sheryl wrote:Hi, I have a friend who will be going to Vietnam. Thought of asking her to get some paintings from Vietnam. Anyone knows where I can get good & reasonable priced paintings? Dun need work by famous artists.

The choice of painting is a very personal one. U sure your friend wld find sth u like too?

We hv at least 2 canvas paintings bou from Vietnam. Very cheap. Hubby had them framed in S'pore. The frame is more expensive than the painting.

Hubby told me the paintings usu. are not initial by the artists as most of what he had seen are copies.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon May 23, 2011 11:30 pm

Hubby said he cant recall the street name, maybe can ask the hotel staff. A few shops along the street. Less than S$100 can get a 90cm by 90cm. This is a few years ago pricing.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sheryl » Tue May 24, 2011 10:33 am

I will have to be specific in what I need her to buy. if there is recommendation of shops or street which sell paintings, I will provide to her. Will let her know whay type I like. I think there are lot of copies of famous or popular paintings avail.

sheryl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Recess Time