Forgotten girl dies in car in Malaysia

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Re: Forgotten girl dies in car in Malaysia

Postby moomoomouth » Wed May 25, 2011 10:13 am

It's either that the girl is not his own biological daughter (how can you ever forget your own child?) or he is merely too distressed by the death of his own relative. Whatever it is, it's fated. Let's pray that such incident will not happen to anyone else.

moomoomouth
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby poppy15 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:19 am

but i feel even if u are attending a relative's funeral, there is no excuse to forgot ur own dotter, NO MATTER WHAT :mad:

he will hv to live with a guilty conscious all his life.

poppy15
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Wed May 25, 2011 11:44 am

Sigh.... :sad: :cry: :frustrated: :mad: :spank: ... An innocent life lost just like that... Unforgivable!

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Wed May 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Crazy ppl

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Wed May 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Actually not that uncommon. Have read of a quite a few cases in the news, mostly in the US. In some cases, the parent was charged but in the end acquitted.

Some of the cases really, when you read it, haiz. A few cases were a result of a change in routine. Eg, the father having to drop the kid off at daycare instead of the mother who usually does it. Some actually mentioned that the backward facing child seat is also a factor. As the seat is facing backwards, the driver cannot see the reflection of the kid in the rear mirror and oft times, we go into auto pilot when going about our daily lives, as such a kid can be forgotten especially if the kid falls asleep and makes no noise.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Atan » Wed May 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Some years back, I read in ST about a family in Malaysia who went shopping with their children. After some time, one parent realised that one of their children was missing. They searched the shopping complex for the lost child and finally found the child in their own car parked in the car park. The child had died of suffocation! The parents had forgotten about the child who had fallen asleep in the car.

So sad :cry: , I cannot forget it...

Atan
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby poppy15 » Wed May 25, 2011 3:36 pm

jessicawongcs wrote:i just find it weird that there are people who actually forgotten abt their kids.
last week we went to the cold storage kids run, saw a child was crying and asked her, realised she cant find her parents. think she is abt 3-4yr old. so i brought her to the information counter. later found out from the lady at information counter that the parents went home without knowing their child is not with them :faint:

i will always make sure DS is beside me before i move to do anything

OMG.... :faint:
hw can one not know their children is not with them... really dunno what this peope thinking... haiz

poppy15
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby poppy15 » Wed May 25, 2011 3:41 pm

i came across another similar case. usually when a kid is lost in a shopping centre, the salesperson will broadcast over the PA system "... so & so, wearing blue shirt, brown shorts, age abt 3-4 years old is found. will the parents.... "

i shopped till its near closing time & saw this kid ( i think abt 6 years old) still there. learned from the salesperson the father is on his way. it was later told that witnesses saw the mum leaving the kid alone when she didnt want to follow her & just walked away.... god knows where...

i hope the father gave the mum a good :spank: .
irresponsible people!

poppy15
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Wed May 25, 2011 3:57 pm

jessicawongcs wrote:ya lor, so i cant believe there are such people.
without DS beside me (unless i am in office), within few mins i will feel like something not right or missing

yeah lor same for me tooo... i keep looking for them cause they tend to do window shopping themselves when they see toys :roll:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby poppy15 » Wed May 25, 2011 4:03 pm

do u leave ur kids say in the toys section then tell them u will be back for them 1 hour later (without maid)?

for me, no way lor. even if they plead with me. i rather i stay with them at the toy section for half an hr & they follow me for the 2nd half hour.
of cos will make it clear & explain to them first.

poppy15
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time