Letter to Heng Swee Keat

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

singapore educational system - a parent letter to MOE

Postby amylqf » Fri May 27, 2011 12:24 am

I was about to sent similar letter to our GRC and found this letter from a parents to current MOE head. I shared the same view with her, and would like to share with all other parents here.

http://hedgehogcomms.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -kiat.html

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: singapore educational system - a parent letter to MOE

Postby Guest » Fri May 27, 2011 1:18 am

This is an excellently written letter but the content still covers problem definition from the way I see it. It has clearly defined all the problem areas. If some concrete ideas can be shared how to resolve the end problem it has resulted in, short of saying "we don't want PSLE" :lol:, it might strengthen its proposition.

Re: singapore educational system - a parent letter to MOE

Postby janet88 » Sat May 28, 2011 9:17 am

Dear Policymakers,
I'm very pissed with the education system bcos of the way exam questions are set now...parents are forced to send their kids for enrichment lessons/tuition...or else prepare to see RED marks. My hubby is sole breadwinner, and I have 2 kids - P1 and P5. It's ridiculous that more than 20% of hubby's pay is spent on education (tuition) for older child (P5) alone.
My daughter in P1 is not having an enjoyable time either. Her first 6 months in P1 was no walk in the park...I thought MOE said P1 is supposed to be adjustment from kindergarten. I do not see that practiced in school.

If P1s are supposed to enjoy an adjustment from preschool, this should be enforced in ALL schools. Students should not be introduced to models (Maths) nor learn grammar like Synthesis. The problem sums and concepts are not easy to grasp...when to subtract or add ? I'm at a loss too. What's next ? P2 syllabus be taught at P1 ? That's very likely.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Letter to Heng Swee Keat

Postby php » Sat May 28, 2011 4:09 pm

php
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Letter to Heng Swee Keat

Postby kwokwc » Sat May 28, 2011 7:23 pm

:goodpost:

No wonder, ds's Chinese teacher asked me to send ds for tuition even when he scored an A and still within top 10 of the school.

There must have a change if not our future generation will suffer, suffer and suffer.

kwokwc
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kwokwc » Sat May 28, 2011 7:28 pm

Just thought of something, if our education system does not change, maybe in the future - the best birthday present for a one yr old kid is getting the best tutor to start tutoring the kid after the 1st yr birthday.
:roll:

kwokwc
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby pinky » Sat May 28, 2011 10:33 pm

kwokwc wrote:Just thought of something, if our education system does not change, maybe in the future - the best birthday present for a one yr old kid is getting the best tutor to start tutoring the kid after the 1st yr birthday.
:roll:

and the best xmas gift will be assessment books for him to start doing :cool:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:43 am

PM Lee says we are in a new era.

Government leaders must listen hard to the electorate, and fell how they feel.

Therefore we humbly request that Minister Heng will sit for PSLE, O level & A level this year, and please let us know how he scores .....

That would be fun .........to measure how the Education minister performs now compared to his time ..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby php » Sun May 29, 2011 12:58 am

verykiasu2010 wrote:PM Lee says we are in a new era.

Therefore we humbly request that Minister Heng will sit for PSLE, O level & A level this year, and please let us know how he scores .....

That would be fun .........to measure how the Education minister performs now compared to his time ..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

is he require to take GEP as well? oh ya... not to forget N level and IB....

php
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:59 am

:stompfeet: :stompfeet:
php wrote:
verykiasu2010 wrote:PM Lee says we are in a new era.

is he require to take GEP as well? oh ya... not to forget N level and IB....
:stompfeet: :stompfeet:
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time