Any comments on "Chef Apprentice" on Channel 8?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Any comments on "Chef Apprentice" on Channel 8?

Postby Lilac66 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:42 pm

I'm now hooked on this reality series. Can't deny part of the draw is the apprentice being "hammered" by the celebrity chef. :wink:

However, as I continue watching, I really feel for the guy who was under chef Sunnie. Poor chap! Imagine if you are the parents watching your son being criticised and scolded so harshly on TV, how would you feel? :sad: :oops: Wonder what this series would do his confidence ,though finally after 4 episodes, he did better than the other guy under chef Eric.

What are your comments after watching this show?

Lilac66
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Any comments on "Chef Apprentice" on Channel 8?

Postby sunflowerseed84 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:21 pm

seem like the recent trend is on all these celebrity chefs. sometimes i think they scold them for the sake of scolding and 'tv effect' only lah.

sunflowerseed84
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby poppy15 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:24 pm

i believe when the "students" signed up for this game show, mediacorp will explained that "kenna scolding" will be inevitable during the show... so its up to the individual if they want to continue or withdraw.

poppy15
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Lilac66 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Actually only chef Sunnie is the one always screaming at his apprentice saying he's slow, lacks confidence blah blah, :rant: whereas chef Eric is the benevolent one who claims he does not like to scold his students too much as it may affect their mood, confidence and hence finally maybe the results.

Lilac66
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time