Learning life lesson through the Experience of the day

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Learning life lesson through the Experience of the day

Postby smartmummy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:22 am

Hi everybody!
I think,everyone learn from experience.We can experience ourself or we can learn from others' experience.Everymoment, we learn some life lessons.If we share is useful for others.You may face good, bad,fun experiences.
Two days before we came home by taxi,A fun conversation as follows

me: uncle (60-70 yo) did you marry?
uncle: he got angry,why you asked me like that?
me: How can I ask you How many children you have if you didn't marry then how?
uncle:In Singapore,very rare man never marry.
me:yeah,most women never marry!

So I learn one thing and its funny! I asked about his children and he said they are Engineers.Then I asked him how you nurture he said in primary school he was very strict and control them.I learn another lesson I have to more strict with my son.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Learning life lesson through the Experience of the day

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:48 am

Yes I agree...we can learn from everyone everyday and ksp is also one of the sources. :)

Taxi drivers are interesting people who meet many people from all walks of life daily, they have alot to share and I usually get good dialogues and learning experiences from them too.

Regarding strictness, I also agree the best time to be strict and discipline a child with the rights and wrongs is when they are young. Once that window of opportunity is lost, it is lost forever.

Recently I was chatting with a service provider I frequent. She left home to work hard in Singapore, leaving her kindy child back home. I told her she would lose the hold on him very shortly after the few years he started going to school and he was also showing signs of disconnect with her. A week later when I met her again, she told me that she had decided to bring him over to be with her, I believe her mother's instinct told her so.

Postby smartmummy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:58 am

Hi ksi!
My son very good at school..When I went first parent teacher meeting his form teacher said that he knew what is right and what is wrong.So I got proud myself.Now he is p3.His bad behaviour tremendously changed.Then I talked to him nicely often.Then I strict him then its worked.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:11 am

concern_parent wrote:Hi ksi!
My son very good at school..When I went first parent teacher meeting his form teacher said that he knew what is right and what is wrong.So I got proud myself.Now he is p3.His bad behaviour tremendously changed.Then I talked to him nicely often.Then I strict him then its worked.

Happy for you... :celebrate:

Postby LKVM » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:42 am

concern_parent wrote:Hi everybody!
I think,everyone learn from experience.We can experience ourself or we can learn from others' experience.Everymoment, we learn some life lessons.If we share is useful for others.You may face good, bad,fun experiences.

Hopefully we take good things from the experience and not the bad ones...

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smartmummy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Sometime we learn from our mistakes.Sometimes i learnt how to handle people from bad experience.

Is it good thing/bad thing being honest? I like to be honest,If I don't know i said I don't know (so I can learn,nobody knows everything),but when I was working i felt bad,they always teace,I am very sensitive and I always felt sad then felt stress.Why do people like these?.Esp in my first job, I really learnt a lot how to handle people.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:10 pm

yeah, there are times we simply dont realise we are repeating our mistakes :evil: . especially if it is habit hard to break.

at my age, i am still learning either a mistake/ different opinion pointed out by my kids or a friend or a stranger, but it is good input if taken positively.

haha, talking to taxi drivers is fun but fun is over when they start talking to me like i am their little girl ..........dishing out lots of advice on how to choose a boyfriend, not to go to certain nightspots etc ................ :scared:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby johnrichard » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:22 pm

A man becomes wise only when he learns from his experience.

johnrichard
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby smartmummy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Its a funny experience!

I planned to call a cab as I can't carry very heavy things.The taxi driver(very old man) asked me the route, i said I don't know.Then he said ok I will bring you u keep quite.Then I agreed.Near to the place he asking how to go like go straight or turn?,I said I know the path that bus going but I don't know the taxi route.I thought If taxi stop nearby lift lobby is easy for me to carry.He some how go and stopped the distance is equal to the distance from the bus stop.I waste my money also.It was a bad day and bad experience.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Angelight » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:02 am

Hmmm...so does a person who is straightforward and wears his heart on his sleeves but tend to offend people easily, learn how to be crafty and scheming from a wily person who seems to have many friends becos he knows how to manipulate people to his advantage? :scratchhead:

johnrichard wrote:A man becomes wise only when he learns from his experience.

Angelight
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time