Fees increase at some PCF kindergartens, childcare centres?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Fees increase at some PCF kindergartens, childcare centres?

Postby Daddy D » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 am

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 96/1/.html

"SINGAPORE: A fee increase is in the pipeline at some People's Action Party (PAP) Community Foundation (PCF) kindergartens and childcare centres, especially those which are losing money.While fees will not increase "across the board", a PCF spokesperson told MediaCorp that a PCF branch may consider doing so with justifications such as new curricula or special programmes.
The spokesperson said in an email reply: "The need to increase fees is based on the branch's finances. Sometimes, the fund-raising efforts by the advisers help to cover the cost of operations. But this is not the long-term solution..."

I always thought PCF is under ah-gong's care, thus using ah-gong's $$... why they worry about $$ not enough?
If it's based on respective branch's finances... meaning the respective branch has no demand? Then open so many branches for what?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Fees increase at some PCF kindergartens, childcare centr

Postby Oppsgal » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:23 am

are they going to increase the fees? :shrug:

Let's all put our kids in JB's childcares centres.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:25 am

Spent so much upgrade the centres then charge to poor citizens? Who need all those upgrades?

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummy of 2 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:29 am

The one DD attends will increase by $20 per month next year, but there's no change to curriculum leh....and this is the second increase in two years.

mummy of 2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pinky » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:54 am

GE over already mah :roll: :roll:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Castle House » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:54 am

mummy of 2 wrote:The one DD attends will increase by $20 per month next year, but there's no change to curriculum leh....and this is the second increase in two years.

ya.. thought last year they just increased the price..

When are they going to increase? I did not receive anything about the increase in price.. does it mean the one that my kids are attending will not increase? :shrug:

Castle House
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummy of 2 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:07 am

Castle House wrote:
mummy of 2 wrote:The one DD attends will increase by $20 per month next year, but there's no change to curriculum leh....and this is the second increase in two years.

ya.. thought last year they just increased the price..

When are they going to increase? I did not receive anything about the increase in price.. does it mean the one that my kids are attending will not increase? :shrug:

Keep your fingers :xedfingers:

I received a circular on the registration for existing students and the new fees were mentioned. I think PCF is trying to close the gap with private operator :rant:

mummy of 2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby b2b3m4 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:23 am

PCF is under PAP, of which the money comes from the party not the government. It runs like any other private operator. It is just like comparing NTUC supermarket against Cold Storage.
There is no government run childcare centres, kindergarten or playgroup unlike primary schools.

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby b2b3m4 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:31 am

Daddy D wrote:http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1134996/1/.html

"SINGAPORE: A fee increase is in the pipeline at some People's Action Party (PAP) Community Foundation (PCF) kindergartens and childcare centres, especially those which are losing money.While fees will not increase "across the board", a PCF spokesperson told MediaCorp that a PCF branch may consider doing so with justifications such as new curricula or special programmes.
The spokesperson said in an email reply: "The need to increase fees is based on the branch's finances. Sometimes, the fund-raising efforts by the advisers help to cover the cost of operations. But this is not the long-term solution..."

I always thought PCF is under ah-gong's care, thus using ah-gong's $$... why they worry about $$ not enough?
If it's based on respective branch's finances... meaning the respective branch has no demand? Then open so many branches for what?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Like what i mentioned, no ah gong's money is involved.

Branches are opened in the hope to provide as many kindergarten service to as many children as possible. But at the end of the day, there is a buttom line that need to be met. There bound to be areas whereby such service are not in as high demand as compared to younger, new estate. PCF is just trying to provide such service in these areas where other private operators do not want to come in either. Can you imagine if you stay in such areas and need to travel to another estate just so that your child can have a few hours of kindergarten everyday?

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby LKVM » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:38 am

Thats quite bad news :(

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time