4 year old gal died at Changi Beach...

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

4 year old gal died at Changi Beach...

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:41 pm

I believe learning how to swim is an important skill for all children and watching over young children like a hound is imperative. I would rather be mistaken as a paranoid parent than lose a child in reality. However, I am not putting blame on the parents, just stating my stand as a parent for my child So Sad.... :sad:

A four-year-old girl was swept out to sea at Changi Beach on Sunday, and died while on the way to the hospital.

Nur Nadhirah Atiqah was found about 15m from the shore after a stranger swam into the sea to help look for her. The young girl was at the beach with her family for an early Father's Day celebration, according to The New Paper.

Her heart had stopped beating when she was rescued from the sea, but was restored when a female stranger administered CPR to her. She was unable to survive the subsequent trip to the hospital, however.

Nur Nadhirah had been playing in the sea with her cousins at about 1:15pm when a wave washed over her and she went missing. An emergency call was then made, and an ambulance was dispatched to Changi Beach.

Her father, Muhd Imran, told Lianhe Wanbao that he had allowed her to play in the water with her cousins as one of her sisters was unwell. Her mother had been taking care of her younger sister.

"After she was lost, I kept shouting her name and a man went into the water to find her," he said, adding that after she had been found and brought back to shore, another stranger gave her CPR to revive her heartbeat.

According to reports, doctors later found that there were foreign objects blocking Nur Nadhirah's throat.

Muhd Imran said, "I watched her take her last breath. If only I had been more careful, she would not have died. I will have to carry this regret with me for the rest of my life."

Re: 4 year old gal died at Changi Beach...

Postby poppy15 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:45 pm

oh dear, why was she left alone to play with her cousins? i mean, hw come the father not watching over them, even from a distance :?

:sad: news again...

poppy15
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:45 pm

:( :( too sad for me to read

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Letting kids learn to swim must remember to teach them safety too.

Some kids thought they know how to swim then go to swim in the big sea. :imdrowning:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Oppsgal wrote:Letting kids learn to swim must remember to teach them safety too.

Some kids thought they know how to swim then go to swim in the big sea. :imdrowning:

That is a good point too.

However, we also want to prevent freak accidents like this, i.e. unknown wave sweeping her, if she could swim, at least she would try to waddle herself above water and wait for help.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:52 pm

LKVM wrote::( :( too sad for me to read

heart broken right? :sad:

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:53 pm

poppy15 wrote:oh dear, why was she left alone to play with her cousins? i mean, hw come the father not watching over them, even from a distance :?

:sad: news again...

I sometimes feel pai sey to be paranoid but when I read reports like this, I find that being paranoid may not be bad sometimes.

Postby bigsnoopy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Even u know how to swim also very difficult to waddle yourself above water. They don't have the strength for it and not even adults. Have you tried out the artificial wave pool in Gold Coast. I nearly drown in there despite the fact I know how to swim. That's why I don't allow DD to play in the sea. U never know when the wave will come. I feel so sad for the family.

bigsnoopy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:06 pm

bigsnoopy wrote:Even u know how to swim also very difficult to waddle yourself above water. They don't have the strength for it and not even adults. Have you tried out the artificial wave pool in Gold Coast. I nearly drown in there despite the fact I know how to swim. That's why I don't allow DD to play in the sea. U never know when the wave will come. I feel so sad for the family.

True I agree.....but some skills is better than no skill, it removes at least the initial fear factor as we never know what quantum of wave is hitting. I agree albeit I can swim, I still have the fear of swimming in the sea water.

Postby dex5er » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:30 pm

children shld never be left unsupervised when in water, not to mention the open sea is even more dangerous.

dex5er
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time