Boy, 2, dies after being hit by mum's car

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Boy, 2, dies after being hit by mum's car

Postby i3mum » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:51 am

Another sad story.........

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BN ... 84075.html

SINGAPORE - A little boy died on Monday afternoon after his mother accidentally reversed her car into him.

Two-year-old Henry was believed to have run up to his mother's car while she was backing the white multi-purpose vehicle into the driveway of their bungalow.

The Australian housewife, who was identified only as Mrs Harrington, did not realise that she had knocked over her son until a cab driver who was driving past the scene yelled at her to stop the car, reported The Straits Times.

Neighbours saw the distraught mother screaming and holding her son, according to The Straits Times report. She also performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation on her son while waiting for the paramedics to arrive, reported the Chinese media.

Henry was taken to KK Women's and Children's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead an hour later.

Police are investigating the accident and have questioned the child's parents.

The Straits Times reported that the Harrington family had moved to Singapore last September for work. The Australian High Commission here has offered to assist the family.

The child's body will be repatriated to Perth, Australia, where the funeral will be held. He is survived by his parents and one older sister, aged 4.

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Boy, 2, dies after being hit by mum's car

Postby poppy15 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:54 am

another careless mummy... :sad:

poppy15
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:57 am

OMG.... how can you be so careless..... :(

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:59 am

So sad....:sad: I think I am really super kiasi in this aspect. Whenever I need to make any changes in parking or drive the car a short distance, I always ensure my child is BACK into the car with me(even until now) before I start teh engine . Maybe this is a good rule of thumb to practise afterall after reading this... I do the same for old folks too if I have senior passengers. Only the in-between age get left outside the car.... :tongue:

Postby i3mum » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:03 am

Me too.. I suppose this case is the mum was driving alone and the child just happened to come out of the house.... There should be another caretaker who is supposed to take care of the toddler... probably she didnt realise the child went out of the house...

ksi wrote:So sad....:sad: I think I am really super kiasi in this aspect. Whenever I need to make any changes in parking or drive the car a short distance, I always ensure my child is BACK into the car with me(even until now) before I start teh engine . Maybe this is a good rule of thumb to practise afterall after reading this... I do the same for old folks too if I have senior passengers. Only the in-between age get left outside the car.... :tongue:

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:06 am

i3mum wrote:Me too.. I suppose this case is the mum was driving alone and the child just happened to come out of the house.... There should be another caretaker who is supposed to take care of the toddler... probably she didnt realise the child went out of the house...

ksi wrote:So sad....:sad: I think I am really super kiasi in this aspect. Whenever I need to make any changes in parking or drive the car a short distance, I always ensure my child is BACK into the car with me(even until now) before I start teh engine . Maybe this is a good rule of thumb to practise afterall after reading this... I do the same for old folks too if I have senior passengers. Only the in-between age get left outside the car.... :tongue:

oic... that I even more kiasi...never leave the kids alone in the house until they are old enough.

Postby poppy15 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:11 am

i3mum wrote:Me too.. I suppose this case is the mum was driving alone and the child just happened to come out of the house.... There should be another caretaker who is supposed to take care of the toddler... probably she didnt realise the child went out of the house...

in this case, shdnt the gates be closed & locked to pevent the kid from running out... haiz... :shrug:

cannot imagine the kid running out & "bang"... there goes.. :sad:

poppy15
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby i3mum » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:12 am

I heard from another friend who read the newspaper that the mum is returning home, so she need to open the gates & reverse the car................then the child suddenly run out of the house..

poppy15 wrote:
in this case, shdnt the gates be closed & locked to pevent the kid from running out... haiz... :shrug:

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phankao » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:21 am

poppy15 wrote:

Oh well, some years ago, my client reversed into his own mother at their house....

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby poppy15 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:25 am

phankao wrote:Oh well, some years ago, my client reversed into his own mother at their house....

WHAT?!?! :shock:

poppy15
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time