do you know how well educated i am?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

do you know how well educated i am?

Postby LOLMum » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:18 am

A bad case of superiority complex, maybe! There can only be one thing worse than someone talking loudly on the train ... and that's someone talking loudly on the train about how intelligent they are.

Captured on a cellphone by a fellow passenger on a New York area train is a commuter straight out of the 'do you know who I am?' school.

Talking loudly to a friend, and allegedly using profanities, the woman is told calmly by one of the Metro-North train's conductors to keep the noise down and to stop using swear words.

What! The uptight woman snaps and says: 'I was not cursing, excuse me, do you know what schools I've been to?'

As the conductor tells the other conductor why she asked the woman to be quiet, the woman interrupts: 'I'm sorry, do you think I'm a little hoodlum?'

When the conductor talks about the words coming from the passenger's mouth, the indignant commuter explodes: 'From my mouth? Excuse me? Do you know how well-educated I am?'

At one point she gets up and says: 'Stop the train, stop the train.'

Getting ever more worked up, the woman demands her money back and says she'll never give Metro-North her money ever again. She had already said she takes the train to get to work and back every day.

Finally, as the conductors walk off, one of them says: 'Go to customer service.'

At that point our flustered female delivers her closing line before walking off: 'No do not tell me to go to customer service. I am not a crazy person. I am a very well-educated person.'

A minute later, there was an announcement asking all passengers to please not use profanity on the train, 'especially those people who went to Harvard or Yale or are from Westport.' :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The original video, uploaded on YouTube on Tuesday, was titled Educated Loudmouth on the Metro North Railroad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2004479/Stressed-commuter-goes-nuts-told-voice-down.html (the video)

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: do you know how well educated i am?

Postby AceTutors123 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:15 am

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
this women is ridiculous.
she doesnt think before saying anything or commenting on anything.
what does being educated have to do with your actions or what.

even ahbeng can be a scholar as long as you are smart enough.

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby johnrichard » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Well the matter clearly pushes to think in such a way.. :)

johnrichard
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby UncleLim » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:37 pm

The truth is that deep inside such people feel INFERIOR, and have to assert themselves through their job titles, credit card colour or car brand.

Case in point is my personal encounter in Singapore....

Man yelling at service staff: " I have a platinum card, you know?"

Really pathetic...

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby concern2 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:48 pm

UncleLim wrote:The truth is that deep inside such people feel INFERIOR, and have to assert themselves through their job titles, credit card colour or car brand.

Really pathetic...

Agree with you about the inferiority complex. Some says,"You know who my father is?" :siao:

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:07 pm

Encountered this.

We were chasing for some late payments and told a particularly difficult customer. When we asked about the payments, he was very unhappy and stormed off. Next thing we know, he turned up at our premise with his bank book and insisted that we look at the amount he has in his account. We told him we have no record of his paying which is why we are checking, to which he shouted and say 'you saying I will cheat you off a few hundred dollars, already show you I have thousands in my bank why would I cheat you off a few hundred dollars, and that's not all the money I have! I have stock portfolio you know! I will sue you for defamation!'

In the end, we found out that he passed the cash to his wife and the wife forgot to pass the money to us.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LOLMum » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:43 pm

concern2 wrote:
UncleLim wrote:The truth is that deep inside such people feel INFERIOR, and have to assert themselves through their job titles, credit card colour or car brand.

Really pathetic...

Agree with you about the inferiority complex. Some says,"You know who my father is?" :siao:

haha, if he doesnt know who his father is, how would we know - ask the mum dude .......... haha

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Really pathetic...

wah, platinum card only? like that also dare to show off?????? :siao:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:05 pm

should watch the video too. just google "do you know how well educated i am".

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pinky » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:53 pm

may I add in my own encounter with the mothers of my son's pr school classmates who never fail to remind me: do you know how well educated my son/daughter is?
M1 (son in HCI): I only let my son mix with kids from RI and ACS. Kids from neighbourhood school will teach my son bad. :slapshead:

M2 (daughter in RGS): Your son got homework or not hah? My daughter has lots of homework and group projects. I thought neighbourhood schools no homework, only let the kids do in class then they are free, that's why their results are so bad :mad:

M3 (son in RI): Your son come back early or not? My son everyday after 6pm, so busy but I think good schools are like that lah. :rant:

M4 (daughter in Nanyang): I am so happy she is in Nanyang Girls. My son leh (let out a long sigh...), his results so bad most likely he will end up in the same school as your son.. :nunchuk:
after saying that, they just walked away

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time