Mum claims daughter was nearly kidnapped in HK Disneyland

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Mum claims daughter was nearly kidnapped in HK Disneyland

Postby ZacK » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:48 am

Parents better be safe than sorry...
=============
Two women had allegedly asked the five-year-old girl to follow them when her parents were not looking. -AsiaOne

Tue, Jun 28, 2011
AsiaOne

A Singaporean woman claims her daughter was nearly kidnapped by two women in Hong Kong Disneyland last Tuesday.

Ms Gigi and her husband were queuing at a space-themed restaurant with their five-year-old daughter at about 4.15pm on June 21. According to checks by AsiaOne, Hong Kong Disneyland has only one space-themed restaurant - Starliner Diner in Tomorrowland.

In an email to citizen journalism website STOMP, Ms Gigi said that her daughter was standing "right behind" the couple as they were queueing up. The parents turned their eyes away from their daughter for a moment to look at the menu.

When they turned back, the five-year-old girl was missing.

Mum claims daughter nearly kidnapped in HK Disneyland
Click on thumbnail to view (Photos: STOMP)

They searched the restaurant frantically and after five minutes, they spotted their daughter at an "enclosed corner with two young women (pictured above)".

The couple then walked over to their daughter and sat down with her. They tried to smile at the two women.

However, the two women were behaving suspiciously, said Ms Gigi.

"We were smiling and trying to look friendly but the two women were behaving suspiciously, all the while looking down or away... as if they were trying to hide their faces".

Ms Gigi's husband managed to photograph the women's faces by pretending to take a shot of Ms Gigi.

The couple questioned their daughter after they left the restaurant. The girl said that the women had asked her to follow them.

Ms Gigi said, "While we have to admit that the words of our little 5-year-old daughter may be inaccurate, and that we may be over-sensitive, this incident could be either a simple case of misunderstanding, or a case of attempted child abduction.

"We feel that it is better to be safe than sorry, and so we want to share this with all parents to be careful with their children."

AsiaOne reader Connie Chew said that her mother's friend had a similar encounter in China.

"My mum's friend's 2 young grandchildren also have similar encounter in China... So we parents must always be by their side when we are in other countries or even in our own country," she said in a post on AsiaOne's Facebook wall.

dassa@sph.com.sg

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BN ... 86490.html

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Mum claims daughter was nearly kidnapped in HK Disneylan

Postby pinky » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:57 am

may it serve as a warning to all parents out there - never compromise on your kid's safety.
I heard of another story which happened in HK Disneyland too. A Singaporean mother lost her kid there and was searching frantically for her with another of her kid when an old lady approached her and offered to babysit her kid (who was with her) while she searched for the lost one.
She accepted her offer and left the kid with the old lady and went she came back to the same spot later, both the old lady and the 2nd kid were gone also.....
sounded so scary and sad but I dun know it was true. I got this story via an email from a friend of mine. But I think the lesson to learn from these is not to take safety for granted, not only here but everywhere.
There are so many sick wackos out there waiting... :shock:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smurf » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:04 am

Not surprising in china. These people are sick in their heads. They abduct children, husbands and what else?

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bigsnoopy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:19 am

Must be extra extra careful. When I am in Zhuhai (near macau), heard from the local that there are a lot of motorcyclist that do child snatching while riding the motorcycle.

bigsnoopy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pinky » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:29 am

I read from chinese papers that a toddler was grabbed from her mother's arms while she was walking along a street in bright daylight (in China)
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kayatoaster » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:39 am

the 2 women still so openly remain in the resturant?! :?

i think not just overseas. have seen many kids running ard alone without any adults in sight.

better be safe than sorry

kayatoaster
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby BeContented » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:41 am

pinky wrote:may it serve as a warning to all parents out there - never compromise on your kid's safety.
I heard of another story which happened in HK Disneyland too. A Singaporean mother lost her kid there and was searching frantically for her with another of her kid when an old lady approached her and offered to babysit her kid (who was with her) while she searched for the lost one.
She accepted her offer and left the kid with the old lady and went she came back to the same spot later, both the old lady and the 2nd kid were gone also.....
sounded so scary and sad but I dun know it was true. I got this story via an email from a friend of mine. But I think the lesson to learn from these is not to take safety for granted, not only here but everywhere.

Yes, I heard of this and was told it's true as someone I knew said it's her friend's friend. The lady had a toddler and a baby in pram and while she was waiting for her hubby who went toilet, someone grab her toddler. She wanted to give chase but had difficulty with the pram and an old lady offered to help. Frantic to save her toddler, she didn't suspect and accepted the offer. She gave chase but could not find the toddler, came back only to find baby & old lady also gone. Heard the mommy is now in IMH...... Very sad.....so all, looks like in all these places, never never be subjected to any vulnerable position.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:47 am

this happened in london recently.

parents and young toddler were in phone shop. kid was standing next to parents (looking at phones) when a stranger came, stood next to kid and just picked up kid's hand and walked out of shop. it took less than 2 seconds for the whole kidnapping to happen. luckily mum (who kept turning around to check on kid) noticed her disappearance and both rushed out of shop and spottted kid with stranger about to leave the shopping mall. so happened that it was pretty deserted at that time, so they spotted the kid. if it was crowded, the kid would have been gone and goodness know what could have happen.

kid told parents she was shocked when stranger held her hands and pulled her away. too frightened to scream.

there are lots of sick people around, even in spore, so keep an eye on your kids.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:38 am

cwc wrote:Yes, I heard of this and was told it's true as someone I knew said it's her friend's friend. The lady had a toddler and a baby in pram and while she was waiting for her hubby who went toilet, someone grab her toddler. She wanted to give chase but had difficulty with the pram and an old lady offered to help. Frantic to save her toddler, she didn't suspect and accepted the offer. She gave chase but could not find the toddler, came back only to find baby & old lady also gone. Heard the mommy is now in IMH...... Very sad.....so all, looks like in all these places, never never be subjected to any vulnerable position.

if this is true, it really is so sad... To have lost both kids in 1 day and especially more so when such things could have been prevented :cry:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KSP » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:42 pm

cwc wrote:
pinky wrote:may it serve as a warning to all parents out there - never compromise on your kid's safety.

Yes, I heard of this and was told it's true as someone I knew said it's her friend's friend. The lady had a toddler and a baby in pram and while she was waiting for her hubby who went toilet, someone grab her toddler. She wanted to give chase but had difficulty with the pram and an old lady offered to help. Frantic to save her toddler, she didn't suspect and accepted the offer. She gave chase but could not find the toddler, came back only to find baby & old lady also gone. Heard the mommy is now in IMH...... Very sad.....so all, looks like in all these places, never never be subjected to any vulnerable position.

yes, i heard of this too...

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time