Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes : 16

Are Our kids Dependable Nowadays

Postby Castle House » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:29 pm

To all Parents out there..

Will you depends on your kids when you are old?

I hope I will not..

Castle House
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Are Our kids Dependable Nowadays

Postby Kissgurami » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Hoping Not although I do ask them if they will take care of me when they grow up :-p

Kissgurami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Castle House » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:41 pm

Kissgurami wrote:Hoping Not although I do ask them if they will take care of me when they grow up :-p

:laugh: bet their ans were Yes..

Hubby and I discuss this before when our kids were youngers...

We agreed that we will not depend on them... unless they really want to do it themselves.. :smile:

Castle House
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby patntee » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:43 pm

We should keep retirement savings for ourselves to maintain a comfortable standard of living independently. If they are filial when they grow up, then of course will be very happy. Got to constantly remind ourselves not to spoil them from young age.

patntee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby yqyq » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Me too..try not to but if she filial..I'll be more happy to let her go ahead :evil:

I will bring her along when is due date for me to give pocket $$ to my parent :moneyflies: hopefully can cultivate her :rotflmao:

yqyq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mummy of 2 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:50 pm

patntee wrote:We should keep retirement savings for ourselves to maintain a comfortable standard of living independently. If they are filial when they grow up, then of course will be very happy. Got to constantly remind ourselves not to spoil them from young age.

Agree we should plan for our own retirement and not burden them, unless no choice. My kids do say that when they grow up and work they will buy stuff for us cos we will have no income when old. I'm glad they have the thought though not sure if they can actually afford it then.
At the very least must teach them not to expect us to help them financially when they are adults. I know someone who asked her parents to sell their flat to her at way below market value so she can be SAHM without mortgage loan.

mummy of 2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Kissgurami » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:52 pm

mummy of 2 wrote:I know someone who asked her parents to sell their flat to her at way below market value so she can be SAHM without mortgage loan.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :scared: :scared:

was it compulsory to be SAHM :shrug:

Kissgurami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Castle House » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:55 pm

yqyq wrote:Me too..try not to but if she filial..I'll be more happy to let her go ahead :evil:

I will bring her along when is due date for me to give pocket $$ to my parent :moneyflies: hopefully can cultivate her :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: that's a good and constant reminder to cultivate :evil:

Castle House
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Kissgurami wrote:
mummy of 2 wrote:I know someone who asked her parents to sell their flat to her at way below market value so she can be SAHM without mortgage loan.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :scared: :scared:

was it compulsory to be SAHM :shrug:

Should never sell away flat to kids. What if one day the kids kick out the parents? Parents stay where? :yikes:

Heard of stories.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:06 pm

[quote="mummy of 2

Agree we should plan for our own retirement and not burden them, unless no choice. My kids do say that when they grow up and work they will buy stuff for us cos we will have no income when old. I'm glad they have the thought though not sure if they can actually afford it then.
At the very least must teach them not to expect us to help them financially when they are adults. I know someone who asked her parents to sell their flat to her at way below market value so she can be SAHM without mortgage loan.[/quote]

so sweet of your kids to say that. mine said that too.

but honestly, i really dont expect anything from them especially after their marriage. never know if their other half is okay with my kids buying things or running errands for us.

so better to rely on ourselves. want a bigger house, bigger car, then work for it, dont expect me to sell my house to finance it.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time