civil servants verbally abused by highly educated residents

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

civil servants verbally abused by highly educated residents

Postby LOLMum » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:45 pm

Civil servants verbally abused by highly educated residents

新明日报

An MP shared with netizens that some civil servants were verbally abused by highly educated residents in an affluent estate. The residents even used vulgarities on the civil servants.

Member of Parliament (MP) for Moulmein-Kallang GRC Denise Phua posted this message on her Facebook page on Thursday:

“This evening a group of staff from a govt agency shared with me how they were shouted at and verbally abused by some highly educated residents of an affluent estate. They sounded very discouraged.”

Most of the netizens who responded to her post were sympathetic, while öthers highlight that this is a “vicious cycle”, caused by “difficult” civil servants who are seen as abusing their authority. In return, residents treat them poorly, only to create more “difficult” civil servants.

On the post, a netizen shared a case where he witnessed civil servants being difficult on their part.

A government officer had demanded “by law” that the co-owner in a flat application must be present for a man to collect his house keys, despite the man in this case explaning that his wife was in the hospital delivering a baby. The man eventually walked out, cursing the officer after having lost his chance to collect his long-awaited house key.

潘丽萍:公务员申诉遭受高等教育 富有居民爆粗口

一群受高等教育的居民,向公务员大爆粗口,让公务员感觉很沮丧。

摩绵加冷集选区议员潘丽萍在面簿上说,日前,一个政府机构的一群职员告诉她,一些来自富裕住宅区,又受高等 教育的居民,向他们大喊大叫,甚至大爆粗口。

潘丽萍说,这些公务员在倾诉时,显得相当沮丧。

她接受《新明日报》访问时说,这个住宅区不在摩绵加冷集选区的范围内,她事发时也不在场,所以难断谁是谁非 。

潘丽萍:表达看法是门学问;礼仪专家:爆粗口没涵养。完整报道,请翻阅10.07.2011《 新明日报》

so it didnt happened at moulmein-kallang grc, must be holland-bukit timah.........

orchard / river valley is in which grc ???? :scratchhead:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: civil servants verbally abused by highly educated reside

Postby UncleLim » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Well, the civil service has to change with the times, don't you all agree?

Almost everyone is highly educated and affluent these days!

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby 3Boys » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:33 pm

UncleLim wrote:Well, the civil service has to change with the times, don't you all agree?

Almost everyone is highly educated and affluent these days!

Which gives them a right to be abusive??

In the past, if one were educated, there was an expectation of cultured behaviour. These days, it just makes them bullies.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby puff » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:13 pm

LOLMum wrote:
A government officer had demanded “by law” that the co-owner in a flat application must be present for a man to collect his house keys, despite the man in this case explaning that his wife was in the hospital delivering a baby. The man eventually walked out, cursing the officer after having lost his chance to collect his long-awaited house key.
:

I did encounter on our 3rd appointment with HDB the officer refuse to let us proceed with the purchase of HDB as I couldnt be present . My DD (2 yr old ) had a bad fall just b4 we leave the house and was bleedly profusely ( head injury) I sent DD to the hospital and DH head to HDB. He explain the situation n suggest to postphone or to bring the paper to the hospital for me to sign but the officer refuse to except n insist I must be at HDB or I need to pay a few thousand ( can't remember exact figure) dollars to change date coz we will need to reapply again fr scratch.Luckily the doc allow us the leave the hospital b4 the stitching.After they bandage DD head, I head down to HDB hub carrying my DD with blood stain all over our clothes. DH still joke that I look like I just murder DD as she was sleeping on my arm. :mad:

puff
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby pinky » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:18 pm

in Hokkien, translate as: they walk got wind lah
but seriously I think their head got wind instead :mad:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:36 pm

puff wrote:
LOLMum wrote:
:

I did encounter on our 3rd appointment with HDB the officer refuse to let us proceed with the purchase of HDB as I couldnt be present . My DD (2 yr old ) had a bad fall just b4 we leave the house and was bleedly profusely ( head injury) I sent DD to the hospital and DH head to HDB. He explain the situation n suggest to postphone or to bring the paper to the hospital for me to sign but the officer refuse to except n insist I must be at HDB or I need to pay a few thousand ( can't remember exact figure) dollars to change date coz we will need to reapply again fr scratch.Luckily the doc allow us the leave the hospital b4 the stitching.After they bandage DD head, I head down to HDB hub carrying my DD with blood stain all over our clothes. DH still joke that I look like I just murder DD as she was sleeping on my arm. :mad:

oh dear, definitely an awful experience. hope there aint any scars on her head.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby puff » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:22 pm

]
LOLMum wrote:

DD scar already lighten , can use fringe to cover. Hopefully with vit E it will be gone when she grow up :xedfingers:

I was so :mad: that HDB can be so inflexible.

puff
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby LOLMum » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:29 pm

good to know that she is fine. cheers.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bigsnoopy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:33 pm

puff wrote:]
LOLMum wrote:

DD scar already lighten , can use fringe to cover. Hopefully with vit E it will be gone when she grow up :xedfingers:

I was so :mad: that HDB can be so inflexible.

They have some form of backings by you know who.

bigsnoopy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smartmummy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:35 pm

thanks for sharing!

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time