Animal Kaiser... Good or bad???

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Animal Kaiser... Good or bad???

Postby Alkanet » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Today my friend's son introduce Animal Kaiser game to my 6 yr ol boy. Is the game good or bad f/ kids???

Alkanet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Animal Kaiser... Good or bad???

Postby vicki » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:45 am

Methinks it's just a game, as long as he doesn't get overly addicted to it!!

vicki
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Alkanet » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:35 am

vicki wrote:Methinks it's just a game, as long as he doesn't get overly addicted to it!!

"addiction" That's the part I'm worry about... Because this game tends to mk ppl want more n more...

Alkanet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Wan » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:56 am

My son also "picked up" animal kaiser from classmates at K1. He has a collection of version 5 cards which he reads about the characteristics of the animals & even memorize key facts. Co-incidently, school theme was wild animals & he was very interested in researching from library books, improving his vocab & knowledge. In a sense, it's good...

What's not good is the game itself. Expensive & waste time. Scan a card & press some buttons. But I must say the graphics is nice. Good bonding time with kids too. We laugh over the "alien egg E" ramen & other silly miracle card stunts.

My point is no point avoiding it. It is just a game. Now my son is sian with it & beyblades. Interest in books & drawings last longer. He can design his own AK cards & beyblades move in his free time

Wan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby vicki » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:13 am

Alkanet wrote:
vicki wrote:Methinks it's just a game, as long as he doesn't get overly addicted to it!!

"addiction" That's the part I'm worry about... Because this game tends to mk ppl want more n more...

There's another one called Digimon, at the entrance of almost all the ToysRUs stores! Works almost the same concept as Animal Kaiser.

My boy does collect both cards n the different versions! We don't go all out to complete the set though!

I thk generally both are ok games! We control his 'game' time, ie, once a week once IF we happen to walk past either machine!

In fact, it's quite a good 'tool' for making frens! Cos somehow when u put a bunch of kids together, they tend to chat on common interest, which includes the abc two!!

Haha!!! There are lots more, ie, Ninjago, Beyblade etc! Key to it all is ' In Moderation' :wink:

vicki
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby snowman.697 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:42 am

IMO anything that uses money to buy virtual items is bad.

snowman.697
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MummyThreeStreams » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:02 pm

my sons are more interested the the cards than in the game. They will draw their own super rare cards! Tried to stop them when they first got interested, but I think better to let them have controlled doses.

MummyThreeStreams
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Alkanet » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Wan wrote:My son also "picked up" animal kaiser from classmates at K1. He has a collection of version 5 cards which he reads about the characteristics of the animals & even memorize key facts. Co-incidently, school theme was wild animals & he was very interested in researching from library books, improving his vocab & knowledge. In a sense, it's good...

What's not good is the game itself. Expensive & waste time. Scan a card & press some buttons. But I must say the graphics is nice. Good bonding time with kids too. We laugh over the "alien egg E" ramen & other silly miracle card stunts.

My point is no point avoiding it. It is just a game. Now my son is sian with it & beyblades. Interest in books & drawings last longer. He can design his own AK cards & beyblades move in his free time

Hi Wan, thx f/ the input. :)

Alkanet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Alkanet » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:18 pm

vicki wrote:
Alkanet wrote:

There's another one called Digimon, at the entrance of almost all the ToysRUs stores! Works almost the same concept as Animal Kaiser.

My boy does collect both cards n the different versions! We don't go all out to complete the set though!

I thk generally both are ok games! We control his 'game' time, ie, once a week once IF we happen to walk past either machine!

In fact, it's quite a good 'tool' for making frens! Cos somehow when u put a bunch of kids together, they tend to chat on common interest, which includes the abc two!!

Haha!!! There are lots more, ie, Ninjago, Beyblade etc! Key to it all is ' In Moderation' :wink:

Hi Vicki,

Hahaha from your comment, I got a sense you like it too? :lol:
To be honest, I'm interested too. The cards are nice. :smile:
That's why I sense that this game is quite addictive.

I do agree that same intrest can brings the kids together.

Ok. I'll let my son know n play this game once in a while... It's just I fear to loose control myself... :lol:

Alkanet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Alkanet » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:19 pm

snowman.697 wrote:IMO anything that uses money to buy virtual items is bad.

Snowman, I can understand what you mean... Thx f/ the input. :smile:

Alkanet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time