China immersion programme

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Postby jollyme » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:24 am

Toying with the idea of bringing my 5yr old girl to China for some kind of immersion programme for 3weeks to a month. Has anyone tried this before? Any inputs would be most appreciated. :smile:

jollyme
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: China immersion programme

Postby auntieM » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:18 pm

With the ongoing freaky weather and viruses, I would think 5 year old is a little young for such a long trip.. I am looking at bringing my DS to India when he is about 10.. :lol:

Juz me $0.02

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Re: China immersion programme

Postby DTJ » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:13 pm

jollyme wrote:Toying with the idea of bringing my 5yr old girl to China for some kind of immersion programme for 3weeks to a month. Has anyone tried this before? Any inputs would be most appreciated. :smile:

Hi
Is this immersion programme your own contact/ initiative or is it with a certain kindergarten in the East? If it's your own initiative, then that's fine. But if it is with a certain kindy, I hope it isn't with the one my ex-neighbour went with last year.

My ex-neighbour went on one last year, with her child's kindergarten but regretted big time cos she mentioned that the school has arranged for the kids to go over, during a period whereby the China kids were having school hols (something like they went for 2 weeks but the china kids had 1 week break -something like that -can't remember exact details coz she moved out liao). So she said it was more like an " expensive fun holiday than any real immersion". Just sharing.

DTJ
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jollyme » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:21 pm

hi auntieM,

Thanks for your advice. We're still weighing the pros & cons. You are very adventurous leh, considering going India. :smile:

Hi DTJ,

Appreciate your sharing. Thanks! Would be going on our own if confirmed & not with any kindy. Anyway, my friend jokingly said "don't need to go & waste money, we're already immersed in little china". :evil:

jollyme
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Recess Time