advice needed for movie "I am Sam"

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

advice needed for movie "I am Sam"

Postby smartmummy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi all!
Please advise me!
A family movie and very quality movie.But my concern about my kids can see a not? The man with 6 year old mentality.He got married and has a daughter.The small girl also act well.Thank in advance.
Last edited by smartmummy on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: advice needed for watching a movie

Postby jtoh » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:16 pm

I don't understand what you're trying to ask. Which movie are you referring to?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Castle House » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:02 pm

How old are your kids?

You have to understand the content of the movie... before you decide whether it is suitable for them..

Some movies might be too chim for them.. they won't enjoy.. will get bore..parents won't get to enjoy.. and got to leave halfway..

So is your call..

Castle House
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smartmummy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:02 pm

It is not a English movie.
The movie name is "Deiva Thirumagan".The following link is the trailer to the movie.
http://youtu.be/TG3HENOagdc
The movie review as follows.
Deiva Thirumagan is a desi version of I am Sam say reports. Anushka plays the lawyer role and Amala Paul is Vikram’s wife in it. A mentally challenged person fights for the rights of upbringing his child is the concept of this film. Vikram has delivered his career best performance in this film says the director.

My concern is if my kids see the mentally challenged person then they will have many questions.Is it bad for them?

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Castle House » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:43 pm

I am not too sure whether is it bad for them.. but whether they understand what this movie is all about..

Castle House
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:05 am

I'm not familiar with the movie you're talking about but I have watched I Am Sam and it's an excellent movie. I've watched it with my kids before and it was very touching. Whether it's suitable for your kids depends on how old they are and their level of maturity. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions after the movie.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby smartmummy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:40 am

jtoh wrote:I'm not familiar with the movie you're talking about but I have watched I Am Sam and it's an excellent movie. I've watched it with my kids before and it was very touching. Whether it's suitable for your kids depends on how old they are and their level of maturity. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions after the movie.

Hi! my kids are 9 and 6 years old.Sorry I forgot to mention in my earlier posts.Yeah today morning only I has watched only the firt 2parts of 13 parts in the youtube.Now I understood.I think its parental cautiend movie for under 13.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smartmummy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:42 am

jtoh wrote:I'm not familiar with the movie you're talking about but I have watched I Am Sam and it's an excellent movie. I've watched it with my kids before and it was very touching. Whether it's suitable for your kids depends on how old they are and their level of maturity. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions after the movie.

May I know how old ur kids when you watched I am Sam?

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: advice needed for watching a movie version of "I am Sam"

Postby smartmummy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:45 am

Hi ALL!
Did anyone watch "I am Sam" with you kids under 13.What is your opinion to watch with them?Please advice me.My DH and I prefer to watch that movie.My concern could I bring my kids along with us?

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: advice needed for movie "I am Sam"

Postby jtoh » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:41 am

My kids were under 12, but they're rather mature in their thinking. They found the movie touching.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time