General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

NTU valedictorian apologises for F-word slip

Postby Oppsgal » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: NTU valedictorian apologises for F-word slip

Postby vicki » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:01 am

Actually I thk it's totally inappropriate to utter such a word in such an occasion!

Quite disgusted!

vicki
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby raysusan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:06 am

naughty girl :evil:

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby znzyzyzx » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:11 am

Some people think it make them look cool and sophisticated. I can only say it only make them look childish and immature.

znzyzyzx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Kissgurami » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:59 am

I would say, it is rather hard to "mind your language" in this current society. I don't endorse such language during family gathering nor social events where I am involved but apart from that, I would have to close an eye.

Being a Valedictorian, place and timing does command respect to that moment and people attending hence it wasn't appropriate at all in that context. Though, I was amazed that some parents were actually ok with it then again each to their own.

She has apologised and moved on, hope the rest can learn from the situation and avoid using profanity in expressing excitement during such functions :)

Kissgurami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:27 am

The younger generation holds a lighter view of such profanity compared to us and think nothing of peppering their speeches with curse words. That may be so but there's a place for propriety and one should be aware of when such words are not appropriate. Imagine uttering a profanity during a job or university interview.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Kissgurami » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:14 am

WCW wrote:
even DS in his cc learn the F-word from his frds whose parents (i met one day) are also using the F-word at their child...

:yikes: , My DDs are aware of the F-word and has been taught that it is a bad word to be used since they overheard some guys using it. Imagine 2 little girls using it in their sentences, my heart just stopped :shock:

There were quite a number of other words they learnt from CC and they are used by parents on their kids :faint:

example, *idiot* :skeptical:

Teenagers just use it so casually and ignore that young kids are around them :slapshead: , you can't help to think what kind of upbringing is that ....

Kissgurami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:56 am

Kissgurami wrote:I would say, it is rather hard to "mind your language" in this current society. I don't endorse such language during family gathering nor social events where I am involved but apart from that, I would have to close an eye.

Being a Valedictorian, place and timing does command respect to that moment and people attending hence it wasn't appropriate at all in that context. Though, I was amazed that some parents were actually ok with it then again each to their own.

She has apologised and moved on, hope the rest can learn from the situation and avoid using profanity in expressing excitement during such functions :)

:hi5: Agree totally.
While I am totally against using profanity, I can't stop others.....can only try to inculcate that into my kids and DH (hee hee, did hear DH using some during our young young days and after much protest, hardly heard any).
Sure hope my kids will not think it's ' cool' next time.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:11 am

WCW wrote:
Kissgurami wrote:Teenagers just use it so casually and ignore that young kids are around them :slapshead: , you can't help to think what kind of upbringing is that ....

yes, once DS asked me what is CB as he overheard in the MRT some teenagers are using this word

:yikes:

Reminds me of the episode over live radio with Victor Khoo. Anyone else remember it? :laugh: :laugh:

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Edureach » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:27 am

Hey, this girl looks like disco going type so maybe is her occassional habit. Suitable for PR job with her above average look. Educated and a bit hot, our guys like it.

Edureach
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time