Men say local women are too materialistic

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Men say local women are too materialistic

Postby raysusan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Singaporean men are saying that local women are too materialistic and want to date only rich men!

A local matchmaking agency has found that Singaporean men have a fixed impression of local women. They say that the ladies are picky, and want only men who are rich, young and good-looking.

Many Singaporean men also say that local women are overbearing and often complain that the men are too old, balding, and not rich enough.

Local women, on the other hand, have their own complaints about the men. They feel that Singaporean men are weak, unattractive and lack initiative. The ladies also say it is an endless wait for the local men to take the lead in courtship.

The ladies believe that local men should not be complaining about the high standards of women. The men should instead reflect on themselves and learn to be more attractive.

An interesting observation by the matchmaking agency reveals that the men often focus on the "now", while the women focus on the "future".

Source: Lianhe Wanbao, 2 August 2011. Click here for the Chinese report.

http://news.insing.com/tabloid/men-say- ... d-24c13d00

:xedfingers: :xedfingers:

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Men say local women are too materialistic

Postby tankee » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:27 pm

the key words are "a local matchmaking agency"

;)

tankee
Site Admin

Postby hquek » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:31 pm

I can only say that men who said that are probably losers who only look at pretty women with figures to die for.

And would such men want their daughters (in future) to marry men who are poor and cannot make enough to put rice on the table?

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Oppsgal » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:25 pm

raysusan wrote:
Singaporean men are saying that local women are too materialistic and want to date only rich men!

A local matchmaking agency has found that Singaporean men have a fixed impression of local women. They say that the ladies are picky, and want only men who are rich, young and good-looking.

Many Singaporean men also say that local women are overbearing and often complain that the men are too old, balding, and not rich enough.

Local women, on the other hand, have their own complaints about the men. They feel that Singaporean men are weak, unattractive and lack initiative. The ladies also say it is an endless wait for the local men to take the lead in courtship.

The ladies believe that local men should not be complaining about the high standards of women. The men should instead reflect on themselves and learn to be more attractive.

An interesting observation by the matchmaking agency reveals that the men often focus on the "now", while the women focus on the "future".

Source: Lianhe Wanbao, 2 August 2011. Click here for the Chinese report.

http://news.insing.com/tabloid/men-say- ... d-24c13d00

:xedfingers: :xedfingers:

:? "too old, balding, and not rich enough", "Singaporean men are weak, unattractive and lack initiative" :rotflmao: I believe got other factors...

some likes to go dutch on every single items, then on the other hand says ladies are too independent... don't need them to pay. :shrug:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kiddo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Oppsgal wrote: :? "too old, balding, and not rich enough", "Singaporean men are weak, unattractive and lack initiative" :rotflmao: I believe got other factors...

some likes to go dutch on every single items, then on the other hand says ladies are too independent... don't need them to pay. :shrug:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: jialuct liao :faint:

kiddo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:28 pm

my mum is not a "Native" Singaporean, and if she had not been 'materialistic' and married my then-blue-collar-'expat'(in her country)-dad, i would probably be at some rural countryside doing farming for a living right now rather than looking at P1 registration frenzy. :politebleah:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Chenonceau » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:32 pm

I dun mind a poor son-in-law. But must have potential earning power. I dun mind a rich son-in-law but cannot be spendthrift and have a roving eye. This is not called materialistic, I just wanna make sure my daughter does not have to worry about money for healthcare, for lodgings, for kids' education.

I know a woman whose husband inherited a fortune but it's all gone now... and poor lady has many kids and a jobless hubby.

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:12 am

the key word is 'women', it means 'woe' to men ! :duck: :siam:
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kiddo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:07 am

verykiasu2010 wrote:the key word is 'women', it means 'woe' to men ! :duck: :siam:

oooi VK.... :spank: u sound like my BIL

kiddo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:42 am

kiddo wrote:
verykiasu2010 wrote:the key word is 'women', it means 'woe' to men ! :duck: :siam:

oooi VK.... :spank: u sound like my BIL

:yikes: spanking your BIL? :siam:

maybe VK is your BIL :siam: :siam: :wink: :rotflmao:

tankee
Site Admin

Next

Return to Recess Time