Service in Singapore - what do you think?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Service in Singapore - what do you think?

Postby nani » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:38 pm

Spur from the other thread, did not post there, thought it may be off topic. Here is my view of service, if job are done properly why should staff be jump at :roll: A few bad service scenarios I encounter:

1) At Guardian/Watsons or some other retail shop, you enquire may I know where can I find this product? Their answer: is all there (pointing at some direction), do you accept this kind of service? Why are they employ for then?

2) At restaurants: Can we use this voucher? They come out with terms & conditions that not printed on the voucher and said No you can't. You asked, but is not printed here, they said: Ermmmmmm..but you can't :roll:. Another eg, food order taken wrongly and they say cannot change :roll:

3) Calls to companies/airlines/telcos/hospital/etc..: Unanswered or ask what they can help but they actually CANNOT help and make you go thru again with other departments and you have to REPEAT your 'anger' again & again...

4) Govt service/ schools etc - But it our POLICY that this.....blah blah blah

And I believe there are many more scenarios, can't list them all. Things should be done with a rational, customer know what are their rights and what not. They can't always use "our company policy" as an excuse the staff needs to have initiative.

nani
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Service in Singapore - what do you think?

Postby UncleLim » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Great customer service is hard to find here.

Case in point: My family ate at a Kopitiam foodcourt in NUH. I decided to buy my kids ice cream and we proceeded to the desserts stall. The lady manning the stall looked at us very unhappily right from the start. Then whatever we asked for, she said "Cannot." Finally after a few "cannots" we gave up and bought something else. 3 minutes after we sat down to eat our desserts, that same lady helped herself to several scoops of different flavours of ice cream and sat down next table to us to enjoy!! I give up !

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jtoh » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Yes, service is lacking in Singapore. I do find that the Filipino service staff are usually very good though. The cashiers, waiters etc. They always seem to have a ready smile.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Oppsgal » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Try going to restaurant and pay service charge without much of service?

Looking at the menu and ordered what we wanted for dinner, after 15 mins, waitress came and said all the food no stock except one out of the five we ordered.

Then another 5mins, another waitress came and tell us that the previous waitress made a mistake. Is actually this dish have stock, the other no stock.

In the end, we asked what dish got stock and best of all is the dishes we wanted to order mostly no stock. :yikes:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sall » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:24 am

UncleLim wrote:Great customer service is hard to find here.

Case in point: My family ate at a Kopitiam foodcourt in NUH. I decided to buy my kids ice cream and we proceeded to the desserts stall. The lady manning the stall looked at us very unhappily right from the start. Then whatever we asked for, she said "Cannot." Finally after a few "cannots" we gave up and bought something else. 3 minutes after we sat down to eat our desserts, that same lady helped herself to several scoops of different flavours of ice cream and sat down next table to us to enjoy!! I give up !

She didn't want to sell the ice-cream or whatever? :?

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time