CSM Banned From Attending 7th Month Dinners With Residents B

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

CSM Banned From Attending 7th Month Dinners With Residents B

Postby raysusan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:42 am

http://www.facebook.com/notes/chen-show ... 0384547563

As I look at my calendar entry for tonight’s Seventh Month dinner in the Paya Lebar division of Aljunied GRC, I grow a little wistful. The last such dinner I was scheduled to attend took place last week, a few weeks after the organizers called to let me know that they could no longer have me show up at the event as they had originally hoped.

The organizers as in previous years had planned to hold the festivities on a hard court in the HDB estate, but this year were told by the Paya Lebar CCC (Citizens’ Consultative Committee under the People’s Association) that, as a condition for receiving CCC approval to use the venue, they may no longer invite their MP to the event. Future approvals will be withheld from errant organizers. The organizers were profusely apologetic.

It pains me that they felt so embarrassed to pass me the news. Regrettably, this is not the first time it has happened since I was elected. See photos of an invitation and retraction from another distraught organizer who applied to use a different venue in the same ward.

This is the month of many festivities including National Day, a day of our progressive nationhood. Many residents talk to me about the events they are organizing in the neighborhood: some of them wish to invite me to join them, others don’t see the need to. That is all fine by me … there is really no call to force our residents into a quandary over whom they may invite as guests to their own events.

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: CSM Banned From Attending 7th Month Dinners With Residen

Postby Picolo » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:06 am

So sad & :stompfeet: :stompfeet: :stompfeet:

One more reason NOT to vote for TT?

Picolo
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:23 am

the more they "bully" the oppo, the more votes they will lose .... are they daft ?
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby raysusan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:57 am

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby looking4Tutor » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:21 am

verykiasu2010 wrote:the more they "bully" the oppo, the more votes they will lose .... are they daft ?

Yes, they are. They need to learn about the power of social media the hard way.

looking4Tutor
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Strparent » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:22 am

This is like a 7 yr old girl refusing to allow her parents to invite her neighbour's son to the birthday party, because the girl lost a playground game to the neighbour's son in the previous week. :sad:

The action is so infantile, petty, calculative and way below the belt. :sick: :sick:

Childish. I wonder if the girl's parents would come out and say anything ? or just keep quiet as usual ? :rant:

Strparent
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Chenonceau » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Is this true? I can't believe that it is true. If it is, it's terrible.

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Kissgurami » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:15 pm

He mentioned that this wasn't the first time it has happened, did he approach PA himself to clarify on the situation? He is nonetheless an appointed MP, surely there is a certain amount of empowerment to speak to the PA's commitee to check the agenda for the refusal.

Instead of clarifying on what he has done, he was really done a good job of garnering the support of the public over this. Not allowing a MP to participate in an event due to "certain reasons" is undoubtfully petty but they should be aware that this will reflect in a negative image for the ruling party, surely they are smarter than that?

:offtopic:
Pardon my soreness but eversince the GE, though an alternate voice is required but this has gone to a point where the public is seeming used as "pawns" in the proganada of "who gets the most empathy and the "good guy" contest"

The issues were brought to a whole new height, brought out anger from people. Before the GE, people were annoyed but nothing grounchy nor demeaning. After GE, almost everyone seem so angry. even my FB is full of Te*****R****w and trailed with angry protests. Complaints and annoyance feel the air... Issues amplified and any form of postings by ruling party is overly taken apart out of text or rebutted strongly by the opposition.

What I need are parties working together and bringing 2 mindsets for a better solution. Not fighting with each other and picking on each other. It looks like a scene from my daily life of my DDs where it is a constant " jiejie bully me or mei mie take my pencil"

They do not see the repercussions of it happening to the society.

Kissgurami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby matrix0405 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:55 am

Can see that already denied a number of times by PA, so more private 'clarifications' and 'discussions' is not going to make any difference. The best is to bring it out and let PA explain to the people and let the people decide; after all tax payers money are involved and everyone from Aljunied to Jurong West pay tax.

matrix0405
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:03 am

this is the exact kind of petty actions which many were disgusted with and cost PAP to lose many % of votes during the last GE.

OWN GOAL, BRO!!! :imcool:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time