Excuse Me Can I take these seats?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Excuse Me Can I take these seats?

Postby vlim » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi,
Do you always ask whether u can take the seat or not when you want to sit beside someone in a foodcourt or coffee shop? :imanangel:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Excuse Me Can I take these seats?

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:51 pm

Yes always will ask.

However I will ask in 2 questions.
1. Anyone occupying these seats?
2. Do you mind if we join you?

Postby ZacK » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:53 pm

vlim wrote:Hi,
Do you always ask whether u can take the seat or not when you want to sit beside someone in a foodcourt or coffee shop? :imanangel:

yes i do :imanangel: ... just being polite and also to confirm if the seat is already taken as it is not nice to just plonk ourselves down without asking.

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby growie » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:57 pm

vlim wrote:Hi,

Yes, I will normally ask and check before pulling out the chair(if any) or drop my butt on the sofa/benches. However, I had encountered several cases of mostly elderly aunties (sorry, but true) who would not ask if they can sit beside or share the table. I will keep quiet if I still get to keep my other spare chair for family/friend, otherwise I will speak up to her politely. However, there was one of these occasions when the lady sarcastically remarked that 'people are so selfish' ....'must be sharing table with ghosts'! I was :mad: :stompfeet:SO UNREASONABLE!

growie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby puff » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:03 pm

I realize nowadays many ppl dun ask they just sit down.
I encounter once when I am out shopping with my DD(4 yr old at that time ) n baby. I got 2 seats ( those counter seats that face the wall) in macdonald. After settling them down I went to q up to buy our meal. When I came back a lady took one of the seat n DD was very frighten coz she dun know how to tell her the sit is taken. I tried to tell the lady but she ignored me at first. Then she go on saying that when she took the seat my DD didn't tell her it's taken :mad: :mad:

puff
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby growie » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:36 pm

puff wrote:I realize nowadays many ppl dun ask they just sit down.
I encounter once when I am out shopping with my DD(4 yr old at that time ) n baby. I got 2 seats ( those counter seats that face the wall) in macdonald. After settling them down I went to q up to buy our meal. When I came back a lady took one of the seat n DD was very frighten coz she dun know how to tell her the sit is taken. I tried to tell the lady but she ignored me at first. Then she go on saying that when she took the seat my DD didn't tell her it's taken :mad: :mad:

That lady was so insensitive, selfish and 'blind'. :siao: :spank: :pokeeye:
C'mon, how could your DD be alone there, surely the accompanying adult must be nearby, either ordering food or getting the ketchup/napkins etc.

growie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby puff » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:52 pm

growie wrote:

That lady was so insensitive, selfish and 'blind'. :siao: :spank: :pokeeye:
C'mon, how could your DD be alone there, surely the accompanying adult must be nearby, either ordering food or getting the ketchup/napkins etc.

Ya that is exactly wat I told her ... At the end I got to tell the macdonald staff to help me pack my food n we had our lunch at home

puff
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Pen88n » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:47 pm

When my kids were young, same thing happened to us. We ended up having to put a bag on the unoccupied seat so as to indicate it was taken and asked my kid (abt 5 yrs old) to say that it was mummy's seat. Then I would go buy the food with baby in carrier. Usually that was ok.

However, we had an occasion when a China lady simply ignored my kid and dumped my bag on the floor (I heard my kid continuously telling her: "my mummy is sitting here" on my return). She insisted in sitting there even after I returned to asked her nicely (with baby in carrier). She was rude and said that she sit there before I came. I was very tired and mad at that time, so I just simply told her loudly in Chinese: "Shame on you to bully a kid and snatching seat from a mummy carrying a baby!". Everyone started staring at her, and I walked off with my kid and my packed food (I usually request for packed food when kids were young as possibility of them not finishing the food). Just too frustrated to continue to be nice to such unreasonable people with no heart!

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby puff » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:21 pm

Pen88n wrote:

When my kids were young, same thing happened to us. We ended up having to put a bag on the unoccupied seat so as to indicate it was taken and asked my kid (abt 5 yrs old) to say that it was mummy's seat. Then I would go buy the food with baby in carrier. Usually that was ok.

However, we had an occasion when a China lady simply ignored my kid and dumped my bag on the floor (I heard my kid continuously telling her: "my mummy is sitting here" on my return). She insisted in sitting there even after I returned to asked her nicely (with baby in carrier). She was rude and said that she sit there before I came. I was very tired and mad at that time, so I just simply told her loudly in Chinese: "Shame on you to bully a kid and snatching seat from a mummy carrying a baby!". Everyone started staring at her, and I walked off with my kid and my packed food (I usually request for packed food when kids were young as possibility of them not finishing the food). Just too frustrated to continue to be nice to such unreasonable people with no heart!

No point getting angry with unreasonable ppl.
Fr the bright side, at least a family saw wat happened to me offer to help me find another seat , so nice ppl still exist :smile:

puff
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby schweppes » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:26 pm

That's why must "chope" seats using tissue packets. Liddat, ppl sure understand. :skeptical: :roll:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time