Woman Showed Daughter How to Jump Q for Shower Cubicles

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Woman Showed Daughter How to Jump Q for Shower Cubicles

Postby Vevey » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:44 am

Was in a swimming complex during recent Public Holiday & was waiting for an empty shower cubicle. I was #3 in a single Q system, w a upper pri gal in #1 & a sec sch gal in #2.

In came a woman in her 30's w her mid pri gal who was whining abt being cold etc.

Woman: Wah, how come only single Q? So ridiculous!

(Woman left her daughter to stay in the Q & went to look ard the row of cubicles & turned to the gal in #1 spot.)

Woman (smilingly): Which door do u want to choose?

#1 gal ignored her. Must b thinking "y should i choose? Any door opened next will b my cubicle wat!"

Woman (repeated herself & still trying to fake a smile): Which door do u want to choose? I let u choose 1st lah!

(As the only other adult in the shower waiting area, I thought it's time that I spoke up b4 the #1 gal gave in to her pressure.)

Me (also smilingly): It's a single Q system here.

Woman (surprised that some1 else spoke up): Oh, but it's a multiple Qs system over the other one. I don't think this is fair.

(There r 2 separate shower area in the complex.)

Me (still smilingly): I think a single Q is v fair. Since u prefer multiple Q, y don't u go to the other one instead?

Woman (unhappily): But the other one v crowded.

I nodded in understanding.

Woman walked back to join the Q behind me, all the while grumbling to daughter abt "so many pple, so limited facilities etc".

Within 5 min, it's my turn.

I had to resist from turning to the pple behind her & tell them that it's now a multiple Qs system! :evil:

Vevey
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Woman Showed Daughter How to Jump Q for Shower Cubicles

Postby Chenonceau » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:24 pm

Vevey wrote:Was in a swimming complex during recent Public Holiday & was waiting for an empty shower cubicle. I was #3 in a single Q system, w a upper pri gal in #1 & a sec sch gal in #2.

In came a woman in her 30's w her mid pri gal who was whining abt being cold etc.

Woman: Wah, how come only single Q? So ridiculous!

(Woman left her daughter to stay in the Q & went to look ard the row of cubicles & turned to the gal in #1 spot.)

Woman (smilingly): Which door do u want to choose?

#1 gal ignored her. Must b thinking "y should i choose? Any door opened next will b my cubicle wat!"

Woman (repeated herself & still trying to fake a smile): Which door do u want to choose? I let u choose 1st lah!

(As the only other adult in the shower waiting area, I thought it's time that I spoke up b4 the #1 gal gave in to her pressure.)

Me (also smilingly): It's a single Q system here.

Woman (surprised that some1 else spoke up): Oh, but it's a multiple Qs system over the other one. I don't think this is fair.

(There r 2 separate shower area in the complex.)

Me (still smilingly): I think a single Q is v fair. Since u prefer multiple Q, y don't u go to the other one instead?

Woman (unhappily): But the other one v crowded.

Woman walked back to join the Q behind me, all the while grumbling to daughter abt "so many pple, so limited facilities etc".

I had to resist from turning to the pple behind her & tell them that it's now a multiple Qs system! :evil:

Classy and spunky... :udawoman:

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:57 pm

Why cant the lady que up?

Good to speak up when see any people jump que.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:23 pm

This reminds me of people who try their luck in a long supermarket or shopping queue. The queue is 10 people long, and this person goes right to the head of the queue and asks the first person in line if she minds if she paid first. Erm... even if the first person doesn't mind, 10 other people behind her do. It sounds petty, but if 10 other people bothered to queue for the last 10 min, then this person really should too.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ohdaddy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:48 pm

Vevey wrote:Woman (unhappily): But the other one v crowded.

Excellently done!

ohdaddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Vevey » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:07 pm

Oppsgal wrote:Why cant the lady que up?

Good to speak up when see any people jump que.

Her maternal instinct overrules everything else? :nunchuk:

If her daughter is younger, say pre-schooler, most likely I'll offer to swap place w them when she 1st whined abt being cold. (Even tho DH & my 2 boys were playing/waiting in the pool for their turn to shower off once I was ready to take over.)

I kenna scolding from an old, feisty auntie for asking her nicely to join the long Q in NTUC b4 hor. Her tirade was sooooo embarrassing & i really worried my rebuttal would sound like I was bullying her to bystanders who didn't catch the 1st bit of the incident. Imagine if I were to b videoed & posted on STOMP! :yikes: :sweat:

My ambition when young was to b a lawyer mah. :wink:

Vevey
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Recess Time