toddlers and tiaras

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

toddlers and tiaras

Postby LOLMum » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:45 pm

saw a few episodes of this show "toddlers and tiaras" which was about young children in beauty pagents. so so only. thus was quite stunned to read the lenght this mummy went to do something so silly for her child.

anyone has kids in beauty pagents and would like to share how her stories?

dont think it is cheap too cos' $$$ on costumes, courses for catwalk etc and time spent must be huge. but it does seem fun.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ottom.html

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: toddlers and tiaras

Postby jtoh » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:36 pm

I've been meaning to catch the programme on tv but always forget to. I've seen bits and pieces on youtube and frankly, I'm shocked at the extent to which the mums will go to for the pageants. Some of what they do borders on child abuse, in my opinion. False teeth, tweezed eyebrows, false eyelashes, fake suntans and now, even botox!

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Oppsgal » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:25 pm

jtoh wrote:I've been meaning to catch the programme on tv but always forget to. I've seen bits and pieces on youtube and frankly, I'm shocked at the extent to which the mums will go to for the pageants. Some of what they do borders on child abuse, in my opinion. False teeth, tweezed eyebrows, false eyelashes, fake suntans and now, even botox!

:yikes: Botox for kids? a little extreme makeover for kids.

i have seen a child with thin eyebrows before, like tweezed until a fine line... I find it very weird. i thought eyebrows of children should be nice without all the plucking. :sweat:

don't really understand the parents who do these...

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pinky » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:41 pm

I only watched the shots but was there any swimwear pageant like the adults' version?
I never feel comfortable seeing young girls or toddlers wearing skimpy clothes prancing on stage, just imagine how many paedophiles staring at them at home or taping the shows for repeat viewings? :sick: :sweat:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:22 pm

yes, some wore bikini, lots of flesh showing and all dolled up. it is pretty obvious the mums are the ones who are pushing the kids to do it. some young ones are also going to salon to get a fake tan.

and no doubt all those sicko would be snapping pictures of these kids and upload them on their sickening sites.

but think our local ones are still okay, i hope.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kiddo » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:39 pm

pinky wrote:I only watched the shots but was there any swimwear pageant like the adults' version?
I never feel comfortable seeing young girls or toddlers wearing skimpy clothes prancing on stage, just imagine how many paedophiles staring at them at home or taping the shows for repeat viewings? :sick: :sweat:

It so difficult to protect young boys and girls from paedophiles,
imagine parading them freely and encouraged by parents at such
a young age :faint: :shrug:
A bad idea no matter how much we would like to show how good
our DD is ....not this way :?

kiddo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sall » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:34 pm

This show is really sick! The little girls are taught to pose seductively, smile and pout and move their body in a very vulgar way. Some even whiten their teeth, go for artificial tans, reshape their brows. One mother quoted she spent US $15000 on a pageant.
In one episode, one mother told her girl that her eyes need to be fixed, not attractive enough. Seems like all the girls were also extremely spoilt.
All these girls will grow up to be very proud of their good looks and then, also look down on those not so pretty. Some already declare that they are the queens and all those rubbish.

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pinky » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:17 pm

today's chinese papers even showed a little girl whose mother add some padding to her dress so that she has some 'breast' and 'butt' to show :yikes:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sall » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:02 pm

pinky wrote:today's chinese papers even showed a little girl whose mother add some padding to her dress so that she has some 'breast' and 'butt' to show :yikes:

This mother is really :siao:

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pinky » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:12 pm

hope we will not see such contest here, it should be banned
IMO it's exploitation of the worst kind

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next