Money is an angel or a monster to relationship?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Money is an angel or a monster to relationship?

Postby chocolatebar » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Whenever talk bout money, it always hurts feeling and relationship. I am kinda person who always have a thought tat is money really a big matter tat enough to kill all the feeling and the relationship you build for years? SIGH! Whyyyyyy have to argue over money?? When money becomes a tool let you all getting further in any relationship (sisters, brothers, parents, couples, husbands n wives), do you ever hate money before??? Sometimes, i really do. My parent always argue over money. WHY???? WHY SO COMPLICATED!!! SIGH....

chocolatebar
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Money is an angel or a monster to relationship?

Postby sleepy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:41 pm

chocolatebar wrote:Whenever talk bout money, it always hurts feeling and relationship. I am kinda person who always have a thought tat is money really a big matter tat enough to kill all the feeling and the relationship you build for years? SIGH! Whyyyyyy have to argue over money??

Condition 1 - wife is sensible in spending & shown that she 持家有道.
Condition 2 - husband loves wife more than his money or possessions.

I can't think of any reason to argue over money if above conditions are met

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Mawar » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:47 pm

Money is just a tool. Why blame the tool if the owners don't know how to wield it wisely?

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chocolatebar » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:09 pm

sleepy wrote:
chocolatebar wrote:Whenever talk bout money, it always hurts feeling and relationship. I am kinda person who always have a thought tat is money really a big matter tat enough to kill all the feeling and the relationship you build for years? SIGH! Whyyyyyy have to argue over money??

Condition 1 - wife is sensible in spending & shown that she 持家有道.

No.. my dad gives my uncle money to study and blah blah blah then my mum dun like. then argue lor~ a lot of these situations. all bout money.

chocolatebar
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby chocolatebar » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Mawar wrote:Money is just a tool. Why blame the tool if the owners don't know how to wield it wisely?

it s not tat simple, everyone grow up in different environment different education of course they got different mind set. so when they use money they ll follow their "right" way. when another dun agree then argue ady lor.it s not bout who rite who wrong n tat makes complication.

chocolatebar
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Angelight » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:15 pm

Money in itself is not evil. It is how the person who uses or regards it that makes it an "angel" or "monster". Eg., a rich man may live simply but uses his money to help the needy. Another rich man may live lavishly and still wants to acquire more money at the expense of others.

Angelight
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:45 am

There are many reasons why people feel money is important. However, it is when there is no limit put on "how much is enough", and /or at the expense of other more important things that money is evil.

Although there are things DH and I often argue about, it is rarely money. This is also something DH's parents and my parents hardly argue over. So it seems the perception of money is formed from young, within the family and upbringing.

Chocolatebar, if you feel it isn't, and should not be something that will cause problems with loved ones, try asking yourself if you could let go. "If you want, take it" mindset - be out of the game. If not, could it be due to other reasons like justice? Or lack of other qualities within the members like empathy and compassion? Sometimes, if one everyone can have a bit more empathy and compassion for each other, the money issue becomes a minor problem. This is important not just to resolve issues at hand. It affects the way our children perceive money too...Just my 2 cents worth.

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chocolatebar » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:49 am

concern2 wrote:There are many reasons why people feel money is important. However, it is when there is no limit put on "how much is enough", and /or at the expense of other more important things that money is evil.

Although there are things DH and I often argue about, it is rarely money. This is also something DH's parents and my parents hardly argue over. So it seems the perception of money is formed from young, within the family and upbringing.

Chocolatebar, if you feel it isn't, and should not be something that will cause problems with loved ones, try asking yourself if you could let go. "If you want, take it" mindset - be out of the game. If not, could it be due to other reasons like justice? Or lack of other qualities within the members like empathy and compassion? Sometimes, if one everyone can have a bit more empathy and compassion for each other, the money issue becomes a minor problem. This is important not just to resolve issues at hand. It affects the way our children perceive money too...Just my 2 cents worth.

I dun know..but i think coz of my parent, my mind set for money is quite anyhow, i mean i didnt take seriously of tis matter. if i got money then i use, if i dun ve then tat s it. (of course single can do things like tis if married sure cannot).i seldom buy shirt or jean or other things i dun need (things for fun i wont buy definitely). i dun wish to be controlled by money. People are greedy. We wont feel satisfied.

chocolatebar
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Strparent » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:49 am

sleepy wrote:Condition 1 - wife is sensible in spending & shown that she 持家有道.

Sleepy,

I think you got it backwards :evil: :evil:
it should be :
Condition 1 - husband is sensible in spending & shown that he 持家有道.
Condition 2 - wife loves husband and children more than money or possessions. :laugh:

:duck: :duck: :siam: :siam:

Strparent
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby chocolatebar » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:00 pm

insider wrote:
chocolatebar wrote:I am kinda person who always have a thought tat is money really a big matter tat enough to kill all the feeling and the relationship you build for years? SIGH! Whyyyyyy have to argue over money??

A person usually shapes his/her perception of the value of money around what his parents believe though not always. If the parents are thrifty, then the child is likely to be such; etc. If one parent is thrifty and one parent is not, then the child (such as you) will require some 'intelligence' to sift out for yourself what is 'right' or 'wrong' (as to which direction you are more inclined to).

Your dad wants to sponsor your uncle and your mum refuses, basically this is a common issue between husband and wife as to 'how to spend money'. Both parties are not wrong coz supporting one's own sibling is correct (unless maybe that sibling is a 'eat waste rice' person') and saving money for one's own family is also not wrong. Your parents actually should settle this score behind children's back and if want to discuss with the children, should discuss it in a calm manner instead of currently I believe they are quite hostile when discussing this matter and thereby affecting you somehow.

If you are matured enough, face their hostile finger pointing at each other with minimal effect if possible. See from their points of views and whoever 'wins' the score, the other party is also a winner (coz both are not really fighting money for money sake but rather it's a fight of belief and value. To make the comparison simpler, it's something like a fight of one saying Christinity is better, the other saying Buddhism is better when both are as good. When you can see through that they are chasing each other in meaningless circles, then perhaps you can 'enjoy' their quarrels instead of feeling frustrated).

A child is a lucky one if he can have stable and matured enough parents who know what to say and what not to say in front of kids. If the child is not so unlucky to have such parents, then he may have to count his blessings by thinking to himself that he can get to watch a challenge of wills between two parties, the results, and the ultimate reconciliation between the two - a process if the child is wise enough, can learn a lot of things...

yea, as you say, both r rite, n as a daughter i cant interfere also. my dad told me tis n my mum told me tis. They r both rite just the value different. my dad think there is a responsiblity for him to give money for his brother to study n help them n my mum argue coz they nvr return back money n she say we earn money very hard why we ve to "give" away tat. Tat s why they quarrel very fierce. haiz. I cant solve the problem also. Till now, they still cannot negotiate tis issue. I m afraid at the end they divorce. I dun wish tat happen. SIGH!

chocolatebar
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time