ideal no. of rooms in your house?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

ideal no. of rooms in your house?

Postby LOLMum » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:02 pm

for your ideal house (regardless of size), how many rooms would you like to have just for your immediate family (you, dh and kids). dont include parents (inlaws) and maid(s) and exclude storerooms.

though it is just dh, dd, ds and myself, i would like to have at least 6 rooms.

3 bedrooms, 1 toy/game room, 1 study (dh), 1 library.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: ideal no. of rooms in your house?

Postby concern2 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:13 pm

:rotflmao:

I was just thinking, won't that be the more the merrier? But then again, one's gotta be practical too - first, a big house with few occupants would be haunting to live in, and difficult to maintain, right? So ultimately, we'll be looking at the number of members in the family...but then again, if I got a bigger house, I might invite my parents to live with me...

Well, right now when the kids are small, 3 bedrooms works fine. But when they're older, the kids having their own rooms and a common study room would be nice, that makes 4. But after they get married, and if they have their own home, I guess 2 rooms would be fine for DH and I :)

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby micollh » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:17 pm

LOLmum, u must also cater one for helper.. else u have to clean all the rooms.. haaaa..

for me, i will love to have one room for hubby +me, one for ds+ one for DD, one study.. which is what i have now.. if i can, add one more room for my leisure room, which i can do my arts/craft..and 1 more room for my clothes.. heee..

well, in spore to have anything more than 4 rooms mean bungalo liao.. so cannot afford..stay put to 4 rooms..

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tigger88 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:23 pm

micollh, jumbo flats have 5 rooms so no need to go for bungalow yet.

For me, ideally will be 7 rooms. 1 for me+dh, 4 for each of my kids, 1 as playroom (for now and can be converted to study room later), 1 for entertainment.

tigger88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby micollh » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:26 pm

tigger88, really ? first time i heard jumbo flats.. heee.. really jumbo with 5 rooms.. but nowadays mostly is 4 rooms the most right? and the rooms are getting smaller and smaller..

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:27 pm

tigger88 wrote:micollh, jumbo flats have 5 rooms so no need to go for bungalow yet.

For me, ideally will be 7 rooms. 1 for me+dh, 4 for each of my kids, 1 as playroom (for now and can be converted to study room later), 1 for entertainment.

7 rooms :scared:

clean until :faint:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby tigger88 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:29 pm

micollh wrote:tigger88, really ? first time i heard jumbo flats.. heee.. really jumbo with 5 rooms.. but nowadays mostly is 4 rooms the most right? and the rooms are getting smaller and smaller..

ya jumbo flats are huge, abt 164sqm I think. I think only a few estates (woodlands, yishun) have jumbo units.

Yup, nowadays mostly 4 bedrooms the max for flats and condos.

tigger88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Hey my ideal is still at least 14 rooms.....

In view of the rising property price and that everyone might have to stay under one roof one day. So I would like to have 3 rooms each for each of my child so they can stay with their family. 2 rooms for us, 1 general room, room for pils/ parents if they are still around as well as not forgetting the maid(s) to help out in a big household....

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby tigger88 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:32 pm

tankee wrote:
tigger88 wrote:micollh, jumbo flats have 5 rooms so no need to go for bungalow yet.

7 rooms :scared:

clean until :faint:

LOLMum said ideal house mah...of cos if I have 7 rooms, would love to have helpers to clean the house.

tigger88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby micollh » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:35 pm

how nice if can afford landed house.. can have garden.. and rooms split to upper level, lower level.. tt's why people are buying houses in Johor..

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time