Predict your child's future job

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Predict your child's future job

Postby UncleLim » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Predict your child's future job, even if you have no idea. Think about his or her inclinations and temperament. Then post the possible jobs he or she might end up doing and come back to this thread to see if you were right in 10 (or more) years ! :wink:

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:47 am
Total Likes: 7


Re: Predict your child's future job

Postby JonC » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:03 pm

chey, I thought got fortune telling here.

JonC
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:55 pm
Total Likes: 18


Re: Predict your child's future job

Postby auntieM » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:52 am

JonC wrote:chey, I thought got fortune telling here.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 3554
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:43 am
Total Likes: 2


Re: Predict your child's future job

Postby bebebub » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:01 am

JonC wrote:chey, I thought got fortune telling here.

Haha, I also thought I could learn a trick or 2 when I saw the thread :wink:

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:18 am
Total Likes: 8


Re: Predict your child's future job

Postby phtthp » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:04 am

i) if a kindergarten pre-school child is talkative, can read storybooks well at K1, K2 and is highly articulate, speaks confidently, can tell & remember stories very well out of storybooks he had just read a few minutes ago, most likely he can grow up to be a lawyer, or in a profession related to sales and marketing, writing, journalism, newspaper reporting news caster, mass communication, etc.

ii) if a kindergarten pre-school child is inquistive, likes to run around at Botanic garden carrying a notebook in his hands to jot down notes, take down the names of various plants, holds a magnifying glass to peep at plants at close range (examine leaves, petals, flower bud, stem, etc), is curious, and at home use microscope examine plant specimen, enjoys going National library to borrow plant books to read up about Botany, and at each birthday hopes to receive a botany book on plants as a birthday gift, most likely he'll grow up to be a botantist, a scientist researcher, or perhaps in a profession related to the medical & research field.

iii) if a kindergarten pre-school child can't keep still, behaves like a monkey and shows no interest in academic studies, but loves to dance, she may be a child prodigy, exhibit great talent in dancing. She has found her passion in life.

example:
Gillian Lynne
http://thebravediscussion.com/2011/07/f ... ian-lynne/

when young Gillian was a pre-school kindergarten kid, her mother was very upset & frustrated - she doesn't know what to do with this young child. Kindergarten teachers feedback to her that little Gillian wasn't interested in learning. One fine day, she brought her to see a doctor one day, trying to find out what's wrong with her daughter - who can't sit still, was very active, and always jumping around like a monkey.

the doctor suggested that they switch off all the lights inside the room, on the radio music then both she and the doctor walked out of the room, peeping at what her daughter was doing inside the room, from a small glass outside.

even when all the lights were turned off, the mother saw that little Gillian was dancing happily away inside the room, existing in her own unique world, oblivious to the whole outside world. The doctor congratulate her mum that Gillian is born with a natural gift and talent. She is a natural born dancer. Take her to a dance school !

today, Gillian is a very successful theatre dancer. She is very rich and successful, in her 70s going 80s. but when you look at her, she has so much abundantful energy that many people thought she's only half her age. Inspite of going for major surgery on her two hip bones, she is still a great dancer, till this age. When people curious, ask her - what is the secret recipe behind your relentless bound source of energy, even at this age ? she replied that - she can't stop dancing and will never stop dancing !

here is an interview of her on Youtube.
she's amazing. at this age, still teaching youngsters how to dance.
she is also choregrapher for 'Phantom of the Opera' :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=SDVheLmWYh4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4QCj30_qB4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWFyYB7db-Q

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 13887
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:04 pm
Total Likes: 69



Re: Predict your child's future job

Postby Oppsgal » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:23 am

phtthp wrote:i) if a kindergarten pre-school child is talkative, can read storybooks well at K1, K2 and is highly articulate, speaks confidently, can tell & remember stories very well out of storybooks he had just read a few minutes ago, most likely he can grow up to be a lawyer, or in a profession related to sales and marketing, writing, journalism, newspaper reporting news caster, mass communication, etc.

ii) if a kindergarten pre-school child is inquistive, likes to run around at Botanic garden carrying a notebook in his hands to jot down notes, take down the names of various plants, holds a magnifying glass to peep at plants at close range (examine leaves, petals, flower bud, stem, etc), is curious, and at home use microscope examine plant specimen, enjoys going National library to borrow plant books to read up about Botany, and at each birthday hopes to receive a botany book on plants as a birthday gift, most likely he'll grow up to be a botantist, a scientist researcher, or perhaps in a profession related to the medical & research field.

iii) if a kindergarten pre-school child can't keep still, behaves like a monkey and shows no interest in academic studies, but loves to dance, she may be a child prodigy, exhibit great talent in dancing. She has found her passion in life.

example:
Gillian Lynne
http://thebravediscussion.com/2011/07/f ... ian-lynne/

when young Gillian was a pre-school kindergarten kid, her mother was very upset & frustrated - she doesn't know what to do with this young child. Kindergarten teachers feedback to her that little Gillian wasn't interested in learning. One fine day, she brought her to see a doctor one day, trying to find out what's wrong with her daughter - who can't sit still, was very active, and always jumping around like a monkey.

the doctor suggested that they switch off all the lights inside the room, on the radio music then both she and the doctor walked out of the room, peeping at what her daughter was doing inside the room, from a small glass outside.

even when all the lights were turned off, the mother saw that little Gillian was dancing happily away inside the room, existing in her own unique world, oblivious to the whole outside world. The doctor congratulate her mum that Gillian is born with a natural gift and talent. She is a natural born dancer. Take her to a dance school !

today, Gillian is a very successful theatre dancer. She is very rich and successful, in her 70s going 80s. but when you look at her, she has so much abundantful energy that many people thought she's only half her age. Inspite of going for major surgery on her two hip bones, she is still a great dancer, till this age. When people curious, ask her - what is the secret recipe behind your relentless bound source of energy, even at this age ? she replied that - she can't stop dancing and will never stop dancing !

here is an interview of her on Youtube.
she's amazing. at this age, still teaching youngsters how to dance.
she is also choregrapher for 'Phantom of the Opera' :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=SDVheLmWYh4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4QCj30_qB4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWFyYB7db-Q


What if my kid is a mixture of : pre-school child can't keep still, behaves like a monkey, hate dancing and singing but loves to watch tv on academic studies? Will scold people when accidentally drop the food on the floor for at least 5 minutes in own baby language.

What job to do? :rotflmao:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:24 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Predict your child's future job

Postby jtoh » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:28 am

Oppsgal wrote:[
What if my kid is a mixture of : pre-school child can't keep still, behaves like a monkey, hate dancing and singing but loves to watch tv on academic studies? Will scold people when accidentally drop the food on the floor for at least 5 minutes in own baby language.

What job to do? :rotflmao:


Be a SAHM with a maid. :rotflmao: She can go shopping like a tai-tai, watch Korean dramas on TV and reprimand the maid. (Just kidding!)

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 91


Re: Predict your child's future job

Postby jedamum » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:41 pm

UncleLim wrote:Predict your child's future job, even if you have no idea. Think about his or her inclinations and temperament. Then post the possible jobs he or she might end up doing and come back to this thread to see if you were right in 10 (or more) years ! :wink:

what do you think your kid will be?
i think my ds1 may be a teacher.
he enjoys giving ds2 'lessons' and make his own worksheet materials for ds2.
he thrives in structure and predictive environment (school environment seems most stable).
he enjoys interacting with young children.
he enjoys bossing people around, so being a teacher can boss a class of 40 students, no? :yikes: :sweat:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8514
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Re: Predict your child's future job

Postby concern2 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:25 pm

jedamum wrote:
UncleLim wrote:Predict your child's future job, even if you have no idea. Think about his or her inclinations and temperament. Then post the possible jobs he or she might end up doing and come back to this thread to see if you were right in 10 (or more) years ! :wink:


he enjoys bossing people around, so being a teacher can boss a class of 40 students, no? :yikes: :sweat:


:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I also suspect DS would be a teacher since he says he "thinks" he can be a better teacher than me. :roll:

DD, think she'll be happy being a SAHM and teaching piano in her spare time :wink:

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4895
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:18 pm
Total Likes: 29


Re: Predict your child's future job

Postby UncleLim » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:34 pm

My DD wants to be a kitchen helper ! :faint: :faint:

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:47 am
Total Likes: 7


Next

Return to Recess Time