Property Agent calls At home- harrassment

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Property Agent calls At home- harrassment

Postby micollh » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:03 am

been receiving many calls asking whether we want to sell our flats.. really irritating.

Yest, got this call from DWG, the agent ask if we r selling, DH was so pissed, telling him yes, if u offer 2 billion USD. u know after that he called again, telling us, my col said u r selling ur house? DH said yeah, 2billion. then hung up. then he call again. asking "2 billion, which currency ?" DH answered "USD" actually, i ask DH dun entertain them. the agent so uprofessional, said " u mean ruppiah ?" he is from DWG, what a lousy agent that is so unprofessional to say such thing.

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Property Agent calls At home- harrassment

Postby sall » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:12 am

Property agents have sale quota to meet, that's why some are so desperate that they tried calling every households. For me, I tell them I just bought the house a few months ago, then they never call again.

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby micollh » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:17 am

sall, u r lucky. then cos we said sold .. not selling.. just buy.. still get calls.. even sms nowadays.. they r goin all out to hit their target !

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:22 am

The part on sms is true.... There are are many new hp nos that sms property sale to us :mad: Despite unsubscribing to many, we still receive alot of new smses....

Wonder where they got our contacts. Both my hubby and I got it. Through showflat (usually i am the one who leave my name and not hubby) or from the banks??? I hope the data protection act come in place soon as the smses have become a harrassment.

I realised my personal mobile is now limited to calls from banks to sell their banking products, insurance co, beauty/ health company and SMSes from property agents.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Funz » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:30 am

Well it is different agents calling right?

While the agent was being unprofessional, there was no need for your DH to give them such a sarcastic reply too. If you are not selling just say not selling.

It is a competitive market out there. And cold calling for leads is a very daunting task. For every 50 calls, you may get about 1 lead. Imagine 49 rejections and still gotta suffer sarcastic response or people who think nothing about stringing these fellas along wasting their time with questions 101 only to tell them not selling.

I do get irritated with them at times. My irritation with them is their timing, they will inevitably call at dinner time. :razz: But I also understand that, that is the time when their chances of getting the home owners will be the highest.

On average, in 1 night, I get about 2 calls. Not to mention the countless smses which I ignore.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MMM » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:35 am

On the other hand, I think one should feel "flattered" that they get calls from agents. It just goes to show that your property is in demand.

My fil will tell them off....I was asking hubby why must he be so fierce to them :? If I am the one who picks up the phone and they sound politely, I will probably chat to find out the value/ demand for our property now.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby sall » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:35 am

micollh wrote:sall, u r lucky. then cos we said sold .. not selling.. just buy.. still get calls.. even sms nowadays.. they r goin all out to hit their target !

Your house must be a really hot property, that's why they never let you off. I get sms too, so just have to ignore them. I think for sms, maybe they just key in any number at random.

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby micollh » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:40 am

funzs.. u mst understand that when DH gave such comments was from a series of different agents calls and yes, during dinner time.. if im the one answering i think i will be more sarcastic.. yes, if u want to buy my house, and u r the one calling.. i have to right to tell u how much i want my house to be selling at.. as the agent,if he thinks it's too high. then dun call lor.. strike off our house from his list..

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby UncleLim » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:23 am

I think there is a guy collecting the names and contacts of all these irritating agents and posting them online.... we should give them a dose of their own medicine - call them at 3am to view property.

Ok, I found these numbers:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CN-6r40M&key=0AtDiA4DFs_yYdG8xRVh0dlEzMUZBZGNQY1BLTlhqMlE&hl=en&authkey=CN-6r40M#gid=0

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showt ... ?t=3176815
(Long List here)

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showt ... ?t=3085508
Last edited by UncleLim on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby micollh » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:26 am

Good one uncleLim..

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time