Shop assistants who clings to customers...

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Shop assistants who clings to customers...

Postby sall » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:38 am

I always encounter shop assistants who cling to me when I'm trying to buy something. When I take one step to the right, he/she takes one step with me. The worst is he/she stands so close to me, it's like he/she is shopping with me. Tried many times to tell him/her I'll decide and let her know later, but he/she refuses to leave my side. In the end, I gave up and l won't step into these shops again. Don't these assistants realise that they're chasing away customers by clinging on like leeches?

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Shop assistants who clings to customers...

Postby LOLMum » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:07 am

what about those who immediately rearrange the clothes after you breifly touch them witout making any mess.

i find them very rude especially when i didnt even take any clothes off the rack or remove a tee from the shelf. i was like touching the material so the clothes were not taken off rack or shelf and in its original poisition. :siao:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sall » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:28 am

Oh yes, encounter such assistants too. Rearrange everything on the rack, or the shoes when you touch them. Very rude and irritating. That's why I prefer to go to large dept stores to shop nowadays. But some large stores also have irritating assistants. Was at carrefour yesterday, looking around for an oven and this extremely irritating sales assistant was clinging on to me and invading my personal space. Din get to buy anything in the end. :mad:

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:03 am

They are too bored, and just doing what they are supposed to do - without feeling what the customer might feel. I almost always turn around and let them know I will tell them when I need help - politely.

Retail staff in Singapore still has a long way to go in improving service. These days, I encounter many Philippines assistants to be helpful and friendly, even over the phone and at Mcdonald's. Like what some in this forum says, Singaporeans are more used to being served than to serve (can imagine if they grow up in family with maids though :roll:) It's just the way it goes, not that Singaporeans can do without maids, right?

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:47 pm

maybe they "see you no up", think you not their targeted customer?

maybe they are "keeping an eye on you" and have the intention to "chase" you away?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby sall » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:51 pm

tankee wrote:maybe they "see you no up", think you not their targeted customer?

maybe they are "keeping an eye on you" and have the intention to "chase" you away?

or maybe I look very motherly, so they feel secured standing so close to me?

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby auntieM » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:02 pm

sall wrote:
tankee wrote:maybe they "see you no up", think you not their targeted customer?

or maybe I look very motherly, so they feel secured standing so close to me?

:rotflmao:

I scared of those local assistants at Best Denki.. ..
Always push their desired brand and some don't even know what they are selling.. Worse when they won't leave you alone to browse... :stupid:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby looking4Tutor » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Was shopping for a washing machine and decided on one that is going for $375. A salesman insisted that I should get 1 with the 3 ticked water-saving label that cost $1,7xx. Hence, I asked him how many years must I used the machine to save $1,300 of water bill. Sometime I wonder why all the things that suppose to save the world come with a super heavy price tag.

looking4Tutor
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sall » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:29 pm

looking4Tutor wrote:Was shopping for a washing machine and decided on one that is going for $375. A salesman insisted that I should get 1 with the 3 ticked water-saving label that cost $1,7xx. Hence, I asked him how many years must I used the machine to save $1,300 of water bill. Sometime I wonder why all the things that suppose to save the world come with a super heavy price tag.

He gets more commission if you buy the more expensive one.

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:51 pm

looking4Tutor wrote:Was shopping for a washing machine and decided on one that is going for $375. A salesman insisted that I should get 1 with the 3 ticked water-saving label that cost $1,7xx. Hence, I asked him how many years must I used the machine to save $1,300 of water bill. Sometime I wonder why all the things that suppose to save the world come with a super heavy price tag.

:yikes: Wow, didn't know can be that expensive!

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time