Nothing. I only believe in myself
11%

Total votes : 137

Postby winth » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:42 am

insider wrote:The Book:

父母恩重难报经 – 证严法师

Hi, thanks for the recommendation.
Next book on my list to collect.

insider wrote:After understanding the relationship (with full internalization which I am only at the beginning level), then everything will fall into place, be it that your parent is a murderer or if your child turns up to be a murderer (extreme case), you get to accept and forgive and live on without destroying anyone, incl yourself.

insider wrote:A lot of changes we want to see in our children have to begin with the step of we change ourselves first but unfortunately, we have blind spots that we can't see ourselves and keep thinking that we are Ok and the kids are rot (the kids may have the same thinking as us that we are rot and they are not).

This is soo soo true...

It is a difficult time for me now esp when my house is facing those spiritual things and we are kinda affected. Tried fengshui, taoist methods but the spirit just comes to disturb my boys every night, plus DS1 got the 'third eye' so can see how 'it' looks like. Am so...uurrggghh... :cry: Think it's also affecting my inner peace and energy level.

Sometimes just wondering if everything of this is explained by karma and cyclical effect.

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mathsparks » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi Insider,
Few years back, a colleague gave me a copy of the 父母恩重难报经 but in cartoon format with both Eng/Chinese format. Suitable for kids.

Both my kids have read it and I remember they were especially touched by the sacrifices a mum makes during childbirth/breastfeeding etc and the ten types of kindness bestowed by the mother on the child. Even I was so touched by the book. Excellent read regardless of your religion.

Not sure if it's still available at the Bright Hill temple.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby winth » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:45 pm

insider wrote:Winth ah,

Most young kids come with the natural third eye that allows them to see / sense things coz the unconscious part of their mind is still open yet (not like ours, ‘dead’ already unless going through mediation or hypnosis). Such unconscious part of their mind closes at around 5 years old (that’s why many people like to bring young kids along while buying house. If the child is fearful / cries in the potential property, then can forget about it).

If you are unable to fend off those supernatural things, it is advisable to move house as the 八字 of your family members may not be strong enough to withstand those spirits. Prolong exposure to such supernatural things is very harmful to the brain development of young children. They may turn to be psychic (no fun to be one though you maybe able to tell fortune or see what others cannot see) or may not be ‘normal’ as they grow bigger.

If shifting of house is not possible for you now, you may teach your child to say 南无阿弥陀佛 (pronounce as ”那模阿弥陀佛”). Many people have heard of this chant without knowing exactly what it means. Well, one of the meanings is “unlimited light”. By chanting so, a person is supposed to be surrounded by a layer of protective light so that the evil cannot harm you. I chanted this many times when I was taking care of my dying dad, hoping that he would not be disturbed by evil spirits during his fight for his last moments but would be guided by positive forces.

I have many supernatural stories from close friends (that are likely to be true as with multiple witnesses about friends got possessed, etc). It maybe good for Buddhist to know about this chant at least in time of ‘emergency’, you have a ‘float’ to cling on…

He is yin water sheep. So bazi not as strong liao.
We are trying to chant and teach him 心经. He used to get scared bec it came to disturb him in the middle of the night, like asking him to wake up/shouting 'Shut Up' at my boy. So naturally, the chant 南无阿弥陀佛 didn't come so instinctively. Imagine something is looking at you while you're sleeping, how to chant?

We only managed to make him shout for us when he sees 'it', so that it gives him courage to shout out his fear + the shouting will also scare 'it' away. Actually from the taoist analysis of his bazi. DS1 got the 天眼, and he has been protecting DS2 bec 'it's' target is actually DS2 who is only 2. We are just hoping this thing will no longer find it fun to come disturb the boys, and that person who is keeping spirit will finally move out? It's actually a '鬼仔'.

Moving out is not very possible right now, we are waiting for a better time to invest in our 2nd property, plus this house's fengshui is actually good, that's the irony. So... sigh...

Now it's slightly better, it only comes to sit down quietly to look at them, without waking DS1 up.

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby winth » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:30 pm

insider wrote:Winth ah,

Move out as fast as you could lah. Your child / children maybe scarred for life seriously if this thing continues coz you would never know what the 'Child Spirit' wants to do next. Don't wait till tragedy strikes then it is too late. It's unfair to put your child in this kind of position to suffer this kind of fear. Imagine how confusing it is for him and that is bad for normal brain development...

Thanks, insider! I understand your concern for us.

Actually, his whole bazi configuration is well-suited for metaphysics.
So maybe it's karma? Bec of his ability to 'see', he is very firm in his buddhism beliefs and act of doing good deeds. Sometimes the more you try to escape, the worse it will be. Scarly move out liao, something worse finds its way to our doorstep.

I think it is important that we are standing up as a family to act on it, rather than dismissing the whole thing as his imagination/bad dream. Bec we believe in him, he is open to us by telling us what he saw. He kept it from us for at least a year or more, by waking up crying and tell us that he just needs to go to the toilet.

We are acting on it to ease this agony. Hopefully it works. :pray:

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Actually such supernatural things are really unexplainable until you encounter it.

When my son was in K2 last year, he kept shitting in his pants. It was terrible as we would scold him, make him wash his own underwear,etc... hoping that he would learn and outgrow it. He was fine previously so we all thot it was because he is "lazy" or engrossed with watching TV so he took the convenient way out of shitting in his pants. This lasted for several months and we were thinking of bringing him to a doc as it could be a medical condition.

Towards end of last year, it happened again and I called my mum to tell her about it. We were worried becoz he is gg to P1 this year and imagine if he shit in school, he would be laughed at,etc... My father at his 60's still remember the guy who often shit in class. She spoke to a friend who is in her 80's and has 10+ kids. She suggested my mum to bring him to a monk.

My mum did so the next day without telling me. My mum knows the monk and the 1st thing he said when he saw my son was :"How did you take care of your grandson? Don't you realise that he is not himself?". This monk has a 3rd eye. Afterwhich he asked my son to sit down while he chant prayer on him. My mum brought him there for 2-3 more times. We were relieved when the monk told my mum not to worry and he is clear now. Immediately, he stopped shitting in his pants also he became alot more sensible. My son is aware that he went to the monk who pray for him,etc...

The old auntie was telling my mum that many a times, kids may have encounter dirty things and as a result, display wierd behaviour/ habits. If you are not superstitious, you will not think of spirtual help. So parents will probably bring them to a doctor but because the dirty thing is there, the problem will persist till the stage it becomes a life long condition.

We were trying to recollect where my son got it and thot of 2 potentials :
* While walking to school, someone was praying and burning stuff at the roadside, my mum and my son happened to witness it
* My mum's neighbour had a ba kwa installed outside their unit facing the pool. Maybe they are not suitable for pool view. The funny thing was the ba kwa dropped. Around 3 months back, while we were chatting, my son told me that he picked up the ba kwa from the pool and left it somewhere.

All these happen around the 1st time he start to shit in his pants.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schellen » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:32 pm

winth, maybe you can ask someone to bless your home for you? Before I moved into my current flat, my dad asked his friend to do it. And sashimi and I took quite a while to search for our Guan Yin. My dad "approved" of our choice and my sis (who gets troubled by spirits easily) told me that she likes my Guan Yin cos she's very "fierce".

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby winth » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi MMM,

Can you give us the address of the temple? We believe more in buddhist methods of blessing. Or at least someone with a 3rd eye who could see what my boys are experiencing.

We have tried various methods and of cos $$$ to invite taoist priest to come to help. In the end, he made us buy his stuff and said it would go away. But we realised that instead of 'it' visiting DS1/2 only on certain nights of the month (more yin nights), 'it' visited them nightly. The only funny thing is 'it' no longer woke them up by shouting at them. 'It' merely sat quietly at its usual corner. It was a very bad experience with this taoist priest. We knew later on that he had tried to capture 'it' to be its master - own personal agenda (at our cost). Can't describe enough how disgusted we feel.

Now, we are very scared of inviting any priests or so-called masters who handle such beings. So, we merely had our usual fengshui master to help us.

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:39 pm

now i so scare to buy resale flats....any telltale signs anot? :(

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby winth » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:04 pm

jedamum wrote:now i so scare to buy resale flats....any telltale signs anot?

Actually there is no guarantee that a resale flat will have beings, and a new flat is clear of beings.

Ours is a new flat, btw. When we moved in, we had a fengshui master to help bless this house and have our buddha in too. It was very clean then. The resale flat that my parents bought recently is very clean, with the help of my brother who has 3rd eye too. So somehow it's guaranteed that they won't choose houses that it's not clean.

You can either get it from outside, 'it' followed you home or your house's 'power' is weakened over the years and then it will come in. Or for our case, 'it' is not even staying in our house. 'It' belongs from our neighbour. We only know that the buddha that we worship will let it come in if 'it' is not harming the residents in the house. That's the 慈悲part of the argument.

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:13 pm

jedamum wrote:now i so scare to buy resale flats....any telltale signs anot? :(

You can check if your neighbours have lots of "things" displayed or in use to ward evil. My neighbours have quite a bit, well, that's what my dad noticed since I'm blur about such stuff. However, the people in my block and neighbourhood are very religious Taoists so it may be the norm for them.

winth, my dad's friend is a Buddhist and I think he is very old now. We didn't actually "pay" him for his service; we gave him an angpow.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time