Android or Apple?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Android or Apple?

Post by carebear » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:43 pm

A comparison between SE Xperia Arc S and iphone4.

http://www.zenilshroff.com/apple-iphone ... ria-arc-s/

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by carebear » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:57 pm

cimman wrote:
kayetch wrote:I asked one for the reason, and it's simply :'too many iphone users'!

that I can agree. I've seen uncles, aunties, policeman, traffic cop, hawkers, fruit sellers, etc.. all using iPhone. Singapore seems to have an affluent population. I guess it's partly the hype, the brand name that attracts people. Apple has done a pretty good brand marketing job.

That day at about 3pm (not peak period), when I went to buy chwee kway, the stall auntie was playing with her iphone........ :lol: that she did not notice me.

cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by cnimed » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 am

carebear wrote:
verykiasu2010 wrote:
smurf wrote:then you dun need so much function mah, just a phone would do. :laugh:

ya lor, also have a $50 nokia no contract type, buy from 7-11, no heartache when lost

Actually i like my old nokia phone alot and it is much easier to use eg speed dialing and sms.

However I reckoned that if I did not get a smart phone, I will become a laid back person.
Just before I got my phone, I did not have any inkling of what WhatsApp, Market, etc was.....in fact i did not even know the difference among all the smart phones.....now i am slowly learning.

Same here - and I am still using my old Nokia phone. After trying various smartphone, good old Nokia (traditional) is still the reliable one. in fact i have to fish it out each time a new smartphone fails me and in the end it just doesn't seem so 'smart' to switch anymore. :lol: iPad for other things.

kayetch
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by kayetch » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:39 am

Samsung had just released their qtrly results and they apparently outsold apple on smartphones!

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:6

Post by raysusan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:31 am

iPhone 4S Battery Life Problems Befuddle Apple Engineers, Owners

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/2 ... lp00000009

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by carebear » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:39 pm

raysusan wrote:iPhone 4S Battery Life Problems Befuddle Apple Engineers, Owners

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/2 ... lp00000009

My kids asking for the iphone4s.
That means the battery can't last till the end of the day without charging, then what's the point?
I can imagine one day there will be phone chargers at the back of the classroom ......LOL :lol: .

Or use the portable charger maybe?

ohdaddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by ohdaddy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Tallking about battery life, the old school phones last and last. Depending on usage, one week also can last on full charge.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:135

Post by janet88 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:08 pm

ohdaddy wrote:Tallking about battery life, the old school phones last and last. Depending on usage, one week also can last on full charge.

Old school phones don't use so much graphics...that's why can last for days. The iphones now knock out after several hours with continuous play. That's why my iphone cannot be used to surf net outside.
Anyway if I go out, I'll be shopping and not playing games.

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by smurf » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:04 pm

What about android phones battery??

puff
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by puff » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:33 pm

Prefer android than apple.... Dun like to pay to have my hands tied with so much restriction.