Pupil violating 'no eating' rule on train openly

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Pupil violating 'no eating' rule on train openly

Postby Yerdua » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:01 am

A primary school pupil in uniform was sitting across me in a train. She (pupil) was then eating her chips openly. I looked at her in a motherly way and signaled & mouthed the words "no eating" to her. She ignored me and continued munching her chips,making no attempt to put away the bag of chips or even eat discreetly.

Another passenger who was standing then took pictures of her. The pupil even paused and posed eating the chips for the passenger.

What is happening? Why kids are so outright defiant these days? She clearly knows the rules of no eating in trains and yet she acts like this deliberately.... What will you do if you were there too?

Yerdua
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Pupil violating 'no eating' rule on train openly

Postby tankee » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:42 am

maybe not enough attention from home?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby sparks » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:59 am

She's getting mixed signals, one pax telling her she shld not eat whilst another 'even encouraging by action' her & taking photos with her ??? :scratchhead:

How can children be expected to behave when some adults (I assume the other pax is an adult) do not know where to draw the line anymore? just look at the recent news about the teen boasting abt slapping her mum, & yesterday the news abt a 2-yr old child being let to steer a car in HKG by the parents. These are just few extremes that are highlighted in the news. I suspect many parents are guilty of not being strict enough with their children. I hear too many children using vulgarities nowadays. It really irritates me.

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jtoh » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:35 am

I don't think the other adult was encouraging her by taking photos of her. These days, taking photos of a person in an act is a threat to post the wrongdoing on a social watchdog site like Stomp to shame the person. The fact that the girl didn't mind and actually posed for the photo illustrates her rebellious nature.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby phtthp » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:24 pm

got picture ? did photographer upload picture ?

if she wear school uniform, then we know the school.
or maybe she's very, very hungry ?

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:16 pm

phtthp wrote:got picture ? did photographer upload picture ?

if she wear school uniform, then we know the school.
or maybe she's very, very hungry ?

What does it matter which school she's from? The behaviour of one petulant child is not indicative of the values of an entire school.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Yerdua » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:41 pm

I think she is just being rebellious, but my question is to who, for what?!

Sometimes, my ds can just simply be disobediant (rebellious) to me. He's goody boy in sch n towards his dad. I noe he reacted tt way as he can't stand nagging from me. I hav to choose my 'battles' when i face him 24/7. Otherwise, probably, he'll go rebellious soon.... (but i hope not.....)

Yerdua
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Recess Time