How to siam OT 'social' duty?.. ...

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

How to siam OT 'social' duty?.. ...

Postby auntieM » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:58 am

How do you :siam: when friends/relatives expect you to 'help out' when they see your face?
Some babies are really cute, and some mummies thought they can leave their baby in your care everytime they see you while they hop off to do other stuff.. ...After kena a few long sessions I really want to learn how to be hard hearted.. :faint:
Just because I speak mandarin and can understand mainlanders' a little better does not mean I love to yak away with them... Dinner time stare stare and look left out means I have to 'say something' to you to make you feel better.. .. :slapshead:
:rant: Sorry I am in ranting mood de.. ..I have decided to stop playing 'free labour' and 'entertainer' from now.. ..want to try relac one corner without feeling too 'guilty'.. ... :rant:
:?:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Re: How to siam OT 'social' duty?.. ...

Postby Oppsgal » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:39 am

auntieM wrote:How do you :siam: when friends/relatives expect you to 'help out' when they see your face?
Some babies are really cute, and some mummies thought they can leave their baby in your care everytime they see you while they hop off to do other stuff.. ...After kena a few long sessions I really want to learn how to be hard hearted.. :faint:
Just because I speak mandarin and can understand mainlanders' a little better does not mean I love to yak away with them... Dinner time stare stare and look left out means I have to 'say something' to you to make you feel better.. .. :slapshead:
:rant: Sorry I am in ranting mood de.. ..I have decided to stop playing 'free labour' and 'entertainer' from now.. ..want to try relac one corner without feeling too 'guilty'.. ... :rant:
:?:

Tell them politely that you are busy with other things when ask you do their chores.

Try playing with handphone if don't want to talk to them.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:47 am

I would say not feeling well so can't take care of kids,

For adults, sorry sore throat can't talk much.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby auntieM » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:29 am

Thanks ladies!
I didn't really think much of all these till recently..
Sometimes while waiting for DS, this person will push the stroller near me.. ..and wait for me to 'get started' with the little one before she moves off..
Abit too much I feel like 'free' labour liao..next round will :siam:
Having to talk to friend's wife and listen to her 'brag' about how well her 11 year old P3 boy have done for his exam and how good he is over dinner really spoils one appetitie... :stupid:
Not like me good.. ...time to 'wake up my idea'.. ..
:slapshead:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby autumnbronze » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:48 pm

auntieM wrote:Thanks ladies!
Sometimes while waiting for DS, this person will push the stroller near me.. ..and wait for me to 'get started' with the little one before she moves off..

:yikes:

This is unacceptable auntieM.

You should tell that person nicely that you will go off immediately once your son arrives ...

I really do not think highly of a mummy who will leave her child like that and walk off .....

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:01 pm

the next time u see the person trying to walk off, u just pick up your phone and pretend u are answering a call and then slowly walk away from the baby lor.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sall » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Nebbermind wrote:the next time u see the person trying to walk off, u just pick up your phone and pretend u are answering a call and then slowly walk away from the baby lor.

This is what I do too. Pretend there's a call and then answer the phone and then wave byebye to the person and walk away. :smile:

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cherrygal » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:42 pm

Never knew such pple existed... maybe I always have a "don't mess with me" face. Just look like you have more important things to do. Don't even smile to acknowledge them. Don't even say how cute their babies are. If the mom does that to you again, push the stroller to the information counter and tell them the mother left the baby alone and get them to announce over the PA system.

As for dinner talk, just don't start talking. If they ask you questions, say "dunno", "not sure"... they will get tired after a while. Alternative is to probe and probe until they are scared to talk to you.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby auntieM » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:33 pm

Will take note and start action today.. .. :nunchuk:
Thanks all for tips and at least I know where to start now.. ..without feeling unsure .. :rahrah:
Side note.. These ladies all happen to be wives of friends and are not local.. ...maybe there are more of these patterns around ..

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby kiddo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:41 pm

autumnbronze wrote:
auntieM wrote:Thanks ladies!

:yikes:
This is unacceptable auntieM.
You should tell that person nicely that you will go off immediately once your son arrives ...
I really do not think highly of a mummy who will leave her child like that and walk off .....

You mean got free babies for "Rent" where ? where? AuntieM
you want to "champo" a business with me "Children/Babies for rent"
since you have that attraction.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

'children for rent " do happen in USA for childless couple :evil:

kiddo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time