Who/What brings out the 'BEAST' in you

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Who/What brings out the 'BEAST' in you

Postby BeContented » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:36 am

Was sending kids to school & suddenly realised that I become a MONSTER whenever I am in a rush and behind the wheels.......would rant at inconsiderate drivers and passengers. My kids are getting so used to hear my :rant: that they would echo after me 'yah loh, so selfish/dangerous. only think of themselves' :oops: Would also flare up easily over some things. So getting curious, what are your 'push buttons' :evil:

Mine are :
1. Inconsiderate drivers/passengers
2. MIL
3. Facing bickering/fighting kids for the whole day (xiao liao, school holidays coming :sick: )

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Who/What brings out the 'BEAST' in you

Postby jedamum » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:15 am

1. kids bickering over minor stuff
2. inflexibility from service staff
once i wanted to get an extra fork from the hawker (my kids sharing food) and he said cannot cos later not enough and i only ordered 1 plate. this type of stall i will not go back again.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby BeContented » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:59 am

jedamum wrote:2. inflexibility from service staff
once i wanted to get an extra fork from the hawker (my kids sharing food) and he said cannot cos later not enough and i only ordered 1 plate. this type of stall i will not go back again.

Quite silly....
There is also a stall I like to patronize whenever I'm in the vicinity. However, when I ordered the dry noodle & ask for soup, refused to give too....reason not enough bowls. Sigh.....I still go back lah, cos' run by old people. But dunno what happened, last week when I visited after a month, the stall is gone liao....

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:33 pm

When no customer service to "service" you, or give the plenty of excuses when comes to solving problem.
Imagine keep having your calls in voice message and no one attend to your enquiries.

When in a rush, also can be annoyed at people who is blocking way. especially mrt escalator people don't keep one side. :stompfeet:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:55 pm

I am my own button. I allow myself to flare. Am trying to change. Have to rein in my monster.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Chenonceau » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:01 pm

I get mad when I get invited to dinners and such where the host does not bother to introduce guests nor facilitate conversation... Then I end up wasting time sitting there for an hour or so. This gives me time to ruminate. The more I ruminate, the more upset I get.

Why invite people and expect them to stand/sit around?

When I host a party, I make sure I talk to everyone... even those who came along on the arms of someone else.

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby yuanyuan mama » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:07 pm

When people who standing near MRT door refuse to move for those who need to alight even after hearing "excuse me" and "tut tut tut" door closing sound, worst they pretend you are transparent!

yuanyuan mama
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mummy of 2 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:21 pm

My list:
1. Sil - she doesn't need to do anything to irritate me. The minute I see her the anger starts building up.
2. DS does not listen when I ask him to do/stop doing something.
3. DD taking her own sweet time to eat.
4. Kids playing soccer/basketball at the playground. They don't realize it's very dangerous for the younger kids at the playground.

I used to have a longer list. Many minor things can trigger my irritation. Since I became SAHM I'm less irritated as less rushed and stressed.

mummy of 2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kiddo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:20 pm

SAHM_TAN wrote:I am my own button. I allow myself to flare. Am trying to change. Have to rein in my monster.

SAHM_TAN
You are my mirrior :faint: :gloomy: can see myself this way too
trying to calm ....jsut stop myself from blasting if I feel the
volcano coming..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
can be destructive de lor :stompfeet:
have to keep cool :imanangel: :imanangel:

kiddo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:32 pm

I think my number one will be when it comes my own kids running/ playing, laughing loudly in the restaurant instead of sitting down eating quietly, ignoring my killing stare.

Another one will be letting them play by themselves while I log on to internet (checking out KSP for instance), only to find out later that they have made a mess of the whole house with the legos and blocks, trains, dolls n clips...

Sometimes it is with myself - for having indulged too much time on my own things and realize I have neglected everything else - then I'll become a self-blaming, guilty and miserable monster...

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time