Your daughter's hair, long or short?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Your daughter's hair, long or short?

Postby vfong1 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:55 pm

My daughter has got short hair due to the recent hot weather but would like her to have longer hair when she turns 3.

vfong1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Your daughter's hair, long or short?

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:03 am

vfong1 wrote:My daughter has got short hair due to the recent hot weather but would like her to have longer hair when she turns 3.

My girl's hair has never been cut... she doesn't have much as a baby, but now she has this lovely natural curls that make her look like a doll. Can't bear to cut THAT :love: .

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby RRMummy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:49 am

DD1 has long shiny black hair and has refused anything more then a trim since young coz all princesses (except Snow White which she is not interested in) has long hair.

DD2's hair is thinner and not as dark as D1. She insists I cut her hair everytime it touches shoulder - reasons it pokes on her neck and shoulder plus her fav princess, Snow White, has short hair... :roll:

So I just let them have their choices.. :love:

Chief, natural curls inherit from u or wifey?
Last edited by RRMummy on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schellen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:58 am

DD has hair past shoulder length and intending to keep it even longer. She wants to be able to braid and bun and tie it up in all sorts of styles. Unfortunately, her hair is the very smooth kind that is difficult to braid and she doesn't have much so most of the time, it's just 1 or 2 ponytails for school. I think part of the original reason was so that she could have enough hair to make a proper bun for ballet.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby super_dad » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:40 am

well...when they go to school, it will have to be short. :)

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby daisyt » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:20 am

super_dad wrote:well...when they go to school, it will have to be short. :)

Yes .... ATS used to have the school rule, girls not allowed with hair beyond collar. Only those in special CCA, eg. chinese dance are allowed for long hair. However, I heard there is a change now, not very sure. They are relaxing on this rule.

Heard that Nanhua sec, keep short or else, long hair must tie two pleats. I think its true because I have been seeing many Nanhua Sec girls, those with long hairs are with pleats. So cute !

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:25 am

daisyt wrote:Heard that Nanhua sec, keep short or else, long hair must tie two pleats. I think its true because I have been seeing many Nanhua Sec girls, those with long hairs are with pleats. So cute !

Not if you're the one of the girls. Then, it'll be super embarrassing. :oops:

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:43 am

schellen wrote:
daisyt wrote:Heard that Nanhua sec, keep short or else, long hair must tie two pleats. I think its true because I have been seeing many Nanhua Sec girls, those with long hairs are with pleats. So cute !

Not if you're the one of the girls. Then, it'll be super embarrassing. :oops:

Oh, they cannot tie pony tails?

Anyway I always do french braid for my kid and I think french braid until secondary school should still look fine right? no?? :?

Postby schellen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:58 am

ks2me wrote:Oh, they cannot tie pony tails?

Anyway I always do french braid for my kid and I think french braid until secondary school should still look fine right? no?? :?

When I was still studying there, they prohibited long hair and pony tails. French braid is fine...if there is only 1 of them. My ex-schoolmate who was in dance, hated getting teased by others outside the school about her pigtails. She would have a ponytail on to go to school, dash in from the back gate to nearest female toilet and re-tie into 2 pigtails before exiting toilet. I wasn't in dance so I had the geekiest haircut possible since I don't look good with short hair.

Remember, sec sch = teenagers, creatures who don't want to stand out in terms of fashion and style lest they be ridiculed?

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Your daughter's hair, long or short?

Postby fo12eal » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:17 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
vfong1 wrote:My daughter has got short hair due to the recent hot weather but would like her to have longer hair when she turns 3.

My girl's hair has never been cut... she doesn't have much as a baby, but now she has this lovely natural curls that make her look like a doll. Can't bear to cut THAT :love: .

Wah...same here... my gal also have curls but only at the back... It's above shoulder length but when it's wet, it's actually quite long...hah... At the moment, I will only get my stylist to trim her fringe. I guess when she is able to sit still... will then give her a proper haircut...

fo12eal
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time