Shaking the money off trees in Pet Society
5%
Getting a 3rd eye to screen my house for unseen inhabitants
No votes
Sniffing out the $2 goodies in Daiso
5%
Scrounging up enough KiasuPoints to win that Auction
10%
I don't care about anything. Stop bugging me.
3%

Total votes : 39

Do U care about AWARE?

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:48 pm

The Sunday Times today said that in an interview with public members, out of 100 people, 70 basically said they didn't care what the heck is happening in AWARE. This is rather surprising to me given the huge load of media attention spent on the saga. Anyway, I believe that will soon give way to the upcoming flu pandemic media coverage in the next few weeks.

Given the high concentration of ladies in our KiasuParents.com Forum, I'm just wondering what the other 70% of people actually cared about. Care to share?
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:56 pm

Chief, maybe you want to put a category called "Others", and get people to specify what are the other concerns they have? The above list may not be comprehensive enough. Just a suggestion only.

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:07 pm

ks2me wrote:Chief, maybe you want to put a category called "Others", and get people to specify what are the other concerns they have? The above list may not be comprehensive enough. Just a suggestion only.

Kekeke... of course not. Just add on to this thread any suggestions for adding to the list lor.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:52 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
ks2me wrote:Chief, maybe you want to put a category called "Others", and get people to specify what are the other concerns they have? The above list may not be comprehensive enough. Just a suggestion only.

Kekeke... of course not. Just add on to this thread any suggestions for adding to the list lor.

ok..thot you are keen on the stats. :lol:

Postby kiasuproductscout » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:16 am

ermm looking at the answers... I dont think the statistics is going to say so much. That said I think AWARE had a meaningful cause... but is letting minor details distract them... imagine all the time quarelling with each other can be us to save another woman who need help.

kiasuproductscout
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mintcc » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:23 am

agree that AWARE is losing it. If they want to help others they have to clean up their act. Part of what I admire the group is their work in helping abused women. How are people going to trust them when they are doing negative stuff to their own people.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby jedamum » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:32 am

i am actually amused by some of the actions of those in the top seat.
the chairperson who resigned after she felt that she can't work with the committee said that she quit cos she has better things to do (correct me if i misquote - in case have her supporter here :wink:) - she should had cling onto her post and try to take into account the bigger picture. so when the going gets tough, the weak gives up?
and also the new chairperson where everyone slams her act of taking up the post despite coy objection - she is actually clinging on to the post probably with the bigger picture in mind; she can easily take the easy way out and quit to spend time with her family instead of being in the limelight. so when the going gets tough, the tough gets tougher? i may be wrong...cos there may be a different agenda behind the whole hooha.

anyway these are just my opinion...i am a free-thinker.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mintcc » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:48 pm

insider wrote:I am strongly dead against the new guards to overthrow the old ones with such high handed and underground means. There is no way one can wipe out another party regardless of whatever positive contributions that the latter had actually ever made to AWARE even if the so called pro-homo/lesbian claims are true (I think the old guards must be nuts if they really go around promoting such).

I will not support the new guards in anything if they stay on in AWARE. In my eyes, they lack integrity…

yes agree.. no matter how noble one believe their cause to be, the means and ways of getting there counts.

Anyway, I don't really believe the new guards have a very good cause for doing what they did in the first place
Last edited by mintcc on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: What do we care about?

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:51 am

Alternative Cyber News (ACN) 28 Apr 2009 Singapore - The parenting community in Singapore is in an uproar following a spectacular coup that took over the administration of the "aptly-named" KiasuParents.com (KSP), a website frequented by parents that worry more about their children doing well in school semestral exams than the new agenda offered by AWARE. Screaming their rallying cries of Yee-Hah, members of the powerful group of WWW Clubbers stormed the Newbies lounge demanding that the site's administrator, known only by his swinging Penguin avatar, come out of his corner and surrender the moderation of the forums to the Forum's Class Monitors.
The leader of the WWW Clubbers, Kiasu Grandmaster jedamum, a Class Monitor herself, responded to criticisms that the group took over without making clear what their agenda was. "We will continue to uphold the constitution of KiasuParents.com and let you know what our agenda is when we decide later," she told ACN in an interview an hour after the coup. ACN learns that the group has a spiritual leader named buds, another Kiasu Grandmaster herself. In an earlier interview, buds has expressed disdain over the manner by which the incumbent admin team has managed KiasuParents.com. "We are all-inclusive, yes, and we want the participation of daddies in KiasuParents.com, but that does not include daddies that play with paper dolls," she said. In response to the charge made by the former Penguin administrator that the WWW Clubbers are really the same as the West Mom's Club, she said, "Who said so? We have sashimi what." sashimi was not available for comment during press time.
A straw poll conducted by ACN shows that mommies generally feel that KiasuParents.com must have daddies actively participating, but daddies must behave in the proper manner as specified by the mommies. "Men very wishy-washy these days," says jedamum, "they say cannot take up high post because that will take away too much family time, and yet dowan to take low post because lower pay therefore not worth it." Some KSP members agreed. Said one, "Yuh lor. My hubby not very useful lah. Last time I saw a ghost in hotel room and I wanted to wake him up to help me ask the ghost to give me 4D numbers to buy but he just continued to sleep."
In the meantime, kiasu (read - concerned) parents are worried about not getting their daily dose of kiasu tips and tricks. Others are more worried that the recent action may impede their ability to get more KiasuPoints for the Auction.
Attempts to contact the former Penguin administrator have failed so far. He was last reportedly seen in Parkway Parade with a bandaged head (allegedly self-inflicted from banging walls) trying to rally the Eastenders Club to come to his aid.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby jedamum » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:59 am

:rotflmao:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time