quan yi feng

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

quan yi feng

Postby LOLMum » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:23 pm

AsiaOne
Monday, Nov 28, 2011

Television host Quan Yifeng's lawyer urged the court on Monday to call for a probation report, after the former pleaded guilty to a charge of mischief by pulling out a taxi fare meter and spilling water on a receipt printer after getting into an argument with a cab driver.

This incident, which happened on Jun 26, 2010, had caused damage of about $70.

The Straits Times reported that her lawyer Subhas Anandan said Quan was suffering from depression, and as a result of her mental condition, reacted to the actions of the cabby that made her deeply remorseful.

The 37-year-old local TV personality had been travelling by cab with her 11-year-old daughter and personal assistant to Changi Airport to board a flight to Mauritius for filming. The scuffle that resulted occurred along the junction of Upper East Coast Road and Bedok South Ave 1.

The court heard that she had been unhappy with taxi driver Chan Swee Kong, 52, who had refused to help load her luggage into the car boot.

She also later commented that he did not seem to know the way to the airport, as he asked her assistant for directions after picking Quan and her daughter up at their condominium.

When Mr Chan was driving along towards the junction of Upper East Coast Road and Bedok South Avenue 1, he made an emergency brake to avoid hitting a vehicle in front, causing Quan and her daughter to be thrown forward and hitting the back of the front seats.

Quan then got into the driver's seat and rummaged through Mr Chan's belongings, strewing them on the front seat and the flooboard of the taxi. She also pulled out the taxi fare meter and spilled water.

Two other charges of mischief and using criminal force will be taken into consideration when she is sentenced on Dec 29, pending a probation report.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wonder what the outcome would be.............. :scratchhead: probably just a tap on the wrist.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: quan yi feng

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:24 am

my kids heard the news and laughed :rotflmao:
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:47 am

in one reports i read, she is pleading guilty not because she thinks she is in the wrong, it is to avoid having her daughter on the stand.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pinky » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:55 am

I think many people who follow the news :roll: will go: again???? what's new :evil: :roll:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby poppy15 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:36 am

newspaper reported she's on anti-depressant medication after her D with peter yu ( yu hong rong)... :roll:

so that caught her off her better judgement.. :skeptical:

poppy15
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby HyperKiasu » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:11 am

pinky wrote:I think many people who follow the news :roll: will go: again???? what's new :evil: :roll:

duno who will be her next victim huh? :evil: :laugh:

HyperKiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby peapot » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:12 am

I thought many years back she has some issues with an old man in a bowling alley? And that was don't know for what reasons.

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sall » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:19 pm

I think her lawyer advised her to plea guilty, then use her 'so-called' depression to ask for probation instead of jail. How cunning!

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:21 pm

sall wrote:I think her lawyer advised her to plea guilty, then use her 'so-called' depression to ask for probation instead of jail. How cunning!

lawyer must act for the best interest of client, mitigation plea is standard

she must deal with her character flaw
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sall » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:42 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:lawyer must act for the best interest of client, mitigation plea is standard

she must deal with her character flaw

I don't think she will deal with her character flaw. This is not the first time and probably won't be the last. Wonder why TCS needs to have someone like her?

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time