Do you like your job?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Do you like your job?

Postby peapot » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:10 pm

I feel very sad today. I m now 5 months into my new job and I really can't stand my boss. I thought leaving my previous job would leave me with better environment. I guess I was very wrong.

Every company that we join will have their own set of problems! If I quit now it would mean I m a job hopper. Do you guys face problem at work especially people's problem?

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Do you like your job?

Postby carebear » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:07 am

Aiya, just quit and be your own boss.
Then you don't have to see other people's face.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby JonC » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:28 am

Heard this from my teacher, "Found something you like to do, you needn't work another day".

Before the day comes, working is a tool for making money.

Does this make you feel better?

JonC
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby peapot » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:43 am

"working is a tool for making money" This is indeed very true! At this moment, I do feel that I m now working because of money and nothing else.

I found the link below by chance. It is a salary calculator to see how much you are getting compared to others of same age group and gender in Singapore.

http://www.salary.sg/2011/benchmark-you ... nder-2011/

I didn't think there was a need to compare before but this calculator did help me feel better. Its also interesting to know men in Singapore are still getting paid more than the women.

Just for the fun of it, check out the salary calculator! I did it to make myself feel better. My gal would probably reply "how lame!"

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby peapot » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:44 am

carebear wrote:Aiya, just quit and be your own boss.

Wa!! Carebear, no long no see. You hardly post these days. You still remember me?

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:51 am

carebear wrote:Aiya, just quit and be your own boss.

No money how to be own boss? Even be own boss also have own problem like how to make profit, not loss.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:53 am

JonC wrote:Heard this from my teacher, "Found something you like to do, you needn't work another day".

Before the day comes, working is a tool for making money.

Does this make you feel better?

For me this don't make me feel better. That is if salary is low like peanuts. :sweat:

Do the survey and if salary not around the middle range, will feel bad. :cry:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cherrygal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:16 pm

Know how you feel. Don't quit now. Wait another 6 months and complete at least a year. It's not job hopping if you had worked for a longer time at your previous company. It's just a bad fit and HR pple would understand.

Just be mindful that companies are starting to retrench due to the worsening economy. Good jobs may not be that easy to land.

My fren has tolerated irritating bosses and colleagues, and a dead-end job scope for 3 years already. She complains each time we meet and has tried looking for better jobs but it's hard to land a similar paying job like hers. It's not impossible to tolerate bad jobs for the sake of money.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vividlaurel » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:06 pm

I am in the exact situation like you - down to the timeline!

Really thinking of quitting as I can't stand the boss! It's just the thought of being called a job hopper is keeping me here...

Told dh that one day I will snap and quit without another job! Have started sending my cv across, hope can get a new one before I snap though!

peapot wrote:I feel very sad today. I m now 5 months into my new job and I really can't stand my boss. I thought leaving my previous job would leave me with better environment. I guess I was very wrong.

Every company that we join will have their own set of problems! If I quit now it would mean I m a job hopper. Do you guys face problem at work especially people's problem?

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby cherrygal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:15 pm

You can send your CVs around and hope for the best. If there's a suitable job, then just go. The "job hopper" label will not matter as long as you have another job in hand. Worst is to quit without a job if money is important to you.

Just be aware that any job you get at this time of the year is likely to be just as bad coz all the pple in better jobs will stick around till post-bonus time next April.

Sometimes it will be like jumping from one pot to another. If I were you, jump ship now only if the other side can offer more money.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time